Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Moonlight & Starlight Canoe Tour - A Must Do!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Stephanie D
Los Angeles, California
Unique and Magnificent Volcano Tour

Reviewed October 2, 2018
Silver_Lake23
Saint Louis, Missouri

All reviews canoe trip cave tour sparks lake hosmer lake hot chocolate full moon shooting stars milky way meteor shower brew tour van ride wealth of knowledge amazing tour central oregon flora and fauna tour group highly recommend this tour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My siblings and I were on the fence about doing the canoe tour because we had limited time in Bend, but ultimately decided to do the Moonlight & Starlight Canoe Tour and we're so glad we did! It was actually a new moon, which made me nervous (since it would be super dark), but our guide Courtney made me feel safe from the moment we met her. Not only was she knowledgeable (and that's an understatement), but she was genuinely excited to take us out and see the stars. I honestly have never had a better tour guide--her vibe and energy made the whole experience that much better. We canoed the Cascade Lake with occasional stops for Courtney to teach us about Bend's mountains and lake system, and then once we reached our destination we had some beer and hot chocolate and treats, and then all laid in our canoes in silence staring at a million stars -- it was a pretty worthwhile experience. If I went back I would try the Canoe and Brew Tour, but I'm glad that between the two I chose to go at night--a super unique experience. If you're able to request a guide, Courtney was simply amazing!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

This was a tour I was really looking forward to once we arrived in Bend. All-around, it was a great experience. Patrick was our guide. He was friendly, informative, tactful, and most of all, interesting. The tour with Patrick felt like I was hanging around with an old friend. The tour itself was to the top of Paulina Peak, which offered a stunning view of the entire east side of the Oregon Cascade range. Below were the twin lakes in the volcano's caldera and, we would later learn, the huge obsidian flow that we would get to walk through. While the price is a bit steep for the tour, it ended up being well worth it. I do believe that the season has wound down for the volcano tours, but if Wanderlust offers anything that interests you, I would highly recommend.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

This was a great way for us women to experience a distillery, cider, beer & wine tasting & none of us had to drive! Nick was a great tour guide & hooked us up!

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We took the moonlight canoe trip and it was amazing. Nice ride to Hosmer lake, easy canoeing that started with stars and then we saw a nearly full moon rise. I don't love canoeing, but we sat looking as much as we paddled. And there was bakery and beer so what's not to like? This would be an amazing tour with or without a big moon I think.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

On a recent trip to Bend, we booked a guided canoe excursion with Wanderlust. In spite of the fact it was a cool, cloudy, breezy day, we enjoyed our paddle on Elk Lake. Our guide"s knowledge of the area was excellent. On line reservation was easy. Staff were all friendly.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Courtney was a wonderful guide. Everyone on the trip was so glad they came. Hosmer Lake was so calm we could see the stars reflected in the water!
Saw several shooting stars, Courtney pointed out the constellations with an amazing laser. A truly awesome experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We had a wonderful time on our evening canoe tour on Hosmer Lake! Booking on line was easy as was check in at the office. The ride to the lake was not too long and we spent a good amount of time on the lake with our very knowledgeable guide, Patrick. We saw bald eagles and he had plenty to tell us about local wildlife, fauna and legends. The lake was calm and peaceful which made it nice for novice canoers like ourselves. We parked our canoes and enjoyed a beer and a delicious treat from a local bakery. The stars were amazing that night and Patrick sure knew his constellations as well. This was a top-notch tour beginning to end.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

I waited a significant amount of time before writing this for the simple fact that I didn't want our tour guide to get negative feedback. He was a great guy, super nice, but the tour was terrible. Listen, taking a group of people who all have different fitness levels uphill, at night, six degrees, and DEEP powder is a bad idea. I though when we signed up that we'd be on a safe trail having an easy night under the stairs. Our young guide maybe thought it would be ok to take up uphill in the deepest powder I've ever been in. Several of us fell into the snow and had to be pulled out by at least two people, because we couldn't get ourselves out. He even said, "I didn't expect this much powder." It's your responsibility to check the conditions and make sure everyone will be safe and comfortable. After going uphill for a while, I literally was asking to head back, and get on an established trail. I was genuinely scared, not only for myself but for the older folks that were on the tour. When we got back, an older gentleman sat in the van and told me "I'm still trying to recover." We were offered hot chocolate. I can't believe I signed up for this tour. Maybe it should have been advertised as, "Challenging uphill snowshoe tour." That way people would have known what they were in for..

wanderlusttours, Manager at Wanderlust Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thanks so much for your constructive feedback, Candace. We always appreciate suggestions on how we can improve our services. Our guides always check the weather reports before heading out on tour but there are times when Mother Nature can throw a curve ball-- a fact we always try to impart upon our guests. While snowshoeing can be an easygoing stroll, there are certainly other times when the activity can be a bit more challenging. The snowshoe tours we offer are based on our desire to explore the powdery wonderland found off-trail in the Cascade Mountains. Our hope is to provide a fun trip; our guides are very familiar with the area and we strive to strike a balance with all ability levels. Our apologies that you did not enjoy the activity, but we hope you'll give some of our other tours a try!

Reviewed August 22, 2018

We had a great experience with Wanderlust tours. I booked a group canoe tour on-line a couple of days prior to our trip with no problems. We lucked out in that we ended up being the only ones booked for that weekday, so had our guide, Nick, all to ourselves. He took us to Hosmer Lake which at first glance appeared to be a small pond but once we got out on the water turned out to be much larger. Nick was a great guide, with lots of information about wildlife, ecology, geology, etc. that really enhanced the trip. We spotted many large trout which made me wish that I had brought my fishing gear! This was a very nice outing that fit into the limited time that we had available during a mostly business related trip.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We had a beautiful evening on Hosmer Lake with Danny--a very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and patient guide. He choreographed a lovely trip pointing out constellations, explaining the source of the Perseid meteor shower we were lucky enough to see, and even inviting us to enjoy some silence. Our family of four really appreciated the opportunity to have such an experience learning about the geography, history, and environment of the Deschutes Forest.