“Hosmer Lake Canoe Tour Excellence!”
Review of Wanderlust Tours

Wanderlust Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Award winning half-day adventures with naturalist guides since 1993! Offering daily Canoe, Kayak, Cave, Volcano, Snowshoe and GPS Eco-Challenge Tours. Evening Moonlight Canoe and Snowshoe tours and Bonfire Snowshoe trips on select dates. No experience necessary, family-friendly tours with transportation and all equipment provided. Discover What's Around This Bend!
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am dwindling down items on my bucket list and dedicated an afternoon to the canoe tour on Hosmer Lake. I learned that there is actually ash on the bottom of the lake, not sand, and that massive trout live there as well. Our guide, Courtney was fantastic and incredibly knowledgeable! She knew a ton about hydrology of the area and put everyone at ease. Thanks again to her, as she was very open to new facts and even helped one guest out of his kayak after the tour because he hurt his back. We learned a LOT and I highly recommend the tour to anyone with children or even anyone just looking for a relaxing, interesting afternoon. I'm a local, but I'd take the tour again!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

A half day kayak tour with our guide Rachel exceeded my expectations. She is an exceptional guide who shared her in depth natural history knowledge with our group. Rachel was very friendly, accommodating and fun to be with. If you would like an outdoor adventure full of wonderful sights and extensive knowledge, this is the tour for you.

1  Thank denalimark
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We booked a sunset canoe trip out onto Sparks Lake in the High Cascades with Wanderlust Tours. We watched in awe as the sun set quietly behind the mountains. The sky turned black to reveal the milky way's many galaxies, planets, constellations, and shooting stars, which were all perfectly reflected on the pitch black lake. This was on the eve of my son's 13th birthday. We tethered our canoes together in the middle of the lake and sang him happy birthday under the stars...I don't think it could possibly be more perfect! We also had an amazing campfire on the banks of the lake and enjoyed hot cocoa and dessert from a fantastic local bakery. Our guide Courtney answered all our questions and was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. Book a trip with Wanderlust...you'll be so happy that you did!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I went on this tour with my 6 and 9 year old daughters and my father. The lake is spectacular, the canoeing not overly challenging and our guide Courtney was knowledgable and informative about the hydrology of the area. We learned a lot, and my girls had fun wading into the cold water towards the end of the tour.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went on the volcano tour offered by Wanderlust tours. Greg was our guide and he was great, punctual, informative and just a great guide and guy. He was super knowledgeable about the area, the history of the volcano, flora and fauna. We felt like the time and money was well spent. Need to be comfortable with heights.