“Bend Brew Bus”
Review of Wanderlust Tours

Wanderlust Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Award winning half-day adventures with naturalist guides since 1993! Offering daily Canoe, Kayak, Cave, Volcano, Snowshoe and GPS Eco-Challenge Tours. Evening Moonlight Canoe and Snowshoe tours and Bonfire Snowshoe trips on select dates. No experience necessary, family-friendly tours with transportation and all equipment provided. Discover What's Around This Bend!
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was lucky to go on the Bend Brew Bus on Saturday July 28, 2012. I thought it was a great selection of local Bend breweries with a well balanced mix of samples and beer education. Our guide, Chip Dixon, was very knowledgable and friendly with the entire crowd. He kept the list of breweries to tour a surprise for the crowd. I would highly reccommend it to anyone who visits or lives in Bend!

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"tour group"
"interesting facts"

Reviewed July 30, 2012

In my annual mother-daughter trip to Central Oregon, we just happened to stumble into Wanderlust Tours as we were looking for a kayak trip. From the moment I got on the phone to make the reservation, all the way to the time when we got dropped off at a Fred Meyer parking lot at the end of our trip, the experience was beyond my expectations. The office staff was very friendly, thorough in his explanations about what to expect, and helpful. The tour guide, Greg, was super knowledgeable about the local eco-system & geology, both historical and contemporary environmental stories of the area, (which, as an educator, I totally appreciated!), local forestry (which, as a daughter of a former state forestry manger, I totally enjoyed hearing about!), and about the kayak trip itself. The pacing of the kayak trip was just perfect - not too rushed or too slow. My daughter and I are total beginners in kayak, but we felt completely safe and didn't feel inadequate in our skills, thanks to the gentle guidance from Greg. My partner was bummed he missed out, and so were our doggies. Greg told us about lots of things we can do as a family in Bend, so the next trip will be with a family trip, and we will DEFINITELY use Wanderlust Tours again!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Last night, we went on a canoe trip on a lake high in the Cascades behind Mount Bachelor. There were 12 people total in the group, couples, friends, families, etc.

The guide, Chip, led us out and we paddled our way to different areas. The moon was nearly full and shinning on the water, bright as can be. We pulled up to a cove and built a campfire, sharing hot chocolate and sweets.

Back on the water again, he pointed out features of the night sky and then....shooting star...one, two and a third!

We had a great time and highly recommend Wanderlust. Excellent job!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Greg our guide was terrific.
He made us feel very comfortable and safe during our cave exploreing.
You can tell he loves what hhe does.
A great value and a lifetime experience.