“Amazing”

Ranked #43 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Oroville, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here at this hotel on 10/13/13. I was traveling with my mom from Walla Walla Washington, Arrangements were made by my sister that was in California, and to be honest, the reviews that I read were a little off putting. We left Walla Walla at 8 pm and we had told the desk clerk that we would not be arriving until about 1 am. The hotel was easy to find, and the night clerk was very prompt answering the bell. She was sleepy but very efficient and kind.

We went to our room and from first impressions, we were just happy to have a clean, tidy room. There was coffee both decaf and regular, with the fixins, and there was a basket of goodies in the bathroom that included, soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotions. The room decor was a little dated, but overall it was a typical setup. We were so tired, and when we went to get into bed, when you took off the bedspread and turned the sheets down, the clean smell was AMAZING! Best clean bedding I have EVER encountered in a hotel. We generally use Choice hotels and We stay at hotels approx 20 times a year.

As We arrived so late, we slept in until 10 and were unable to take advantage of breakfast. When we were checking out the desk clerk told us to feel free to take some fruit/hot cocoa and a muffin even though we were after the 10 o'clock breakfast cut-off. There appeared to be juice, coffee, multiple choices for tea/hot chocolate/oatmeal. Cereal and muffins from Costco. It was not a "hot" style breakfast, but very adequate for the price.

The only drawback/critique that I have for the hotel management is this: 1. The bathroom floors are VERY slick. My mom is handicapped and this was a real concern for me. 2. The power bar that is by the TV has many things plugged into it and it really could be tucked down behind the dresser or refrigerator so it is out of sight.

When I asked about the reviews on Trip Advisor, the clerk told me that the Hotel was under new ownership since September 2013 and they are making improvements and trying to improve on their customer service. BRAVO....mission accomplished, it is definitely a place I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lady_bug_lover_123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
dixie, washington
Reviewed October 15, 2013

we were staying one night with a family group. they recommended a family room. It was so noisey with some type of heating generator that roared and shuddered on and off through the night. the heater could not be regulated and was either too hot or not at all.
IT was clean, but old and outdated and not enough towels for everyone.

Room Tip: do not choose the family room if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Unless you want to be treated with disrespect, have your civil rights violated, have the hotel staff steal your belongings, get ripped off, and then pay your hard earned money for it, DO NoT STAY at the Rodeway inn, Located in Bend Oregon. The GM of the motel is condescending, rude, and doesn't have a clue about how to provide quality customer service. The beginning of your stay will start well, that is unless you don't do your job right as a guest. That's right, because at this motel, guests are treated as though they are the employees and are there to please the hotel staff. If you get locked out of your room (which trust me will happen atleast 5 times), you'd better hope it is not past 10 pm or be prepared to stand out side the night window and ring for service for about an hour, until the night desk personnel drags herself from bed to reset your room key (while making it very clear what an inconvenience you have caused). If for any reason after that you want to inform the front desk of any sort of unsatisfactory "guest issue", be prepared to have your room drastically down graded as punishment. And, if you are crazy enough to continue the remainder of your stay, dont mind your requests, from there on, being blatantly ignored. But this is the greatest amenity folks... Here at the Bend Rodeway, ever guest is a star... Well atleast you might as well be since the staff is going to watch your every move like the paparazzi, just as obvious about their invasion of your privacy. Lastly, well I could go on long enough to build my own hotel, don't even dream of complaining about your stay or asking for a refund... Your money has gone where the good don't ever go... The depths of hell where the devil will keep it for eternity, in that drawer behind the front desk.. Oh, and don't attempt to complain to any higher authority other than staff or the GM because you will be denied the right of doing so as well. I will take a Thelma and Louise road trip off of the cliff side of the Grand Canyon before I ever give another dime of my hard earned cash to that motel, or recommend that anyone else dare to do so either.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bbento
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 8, 2013

While waiting to check in, the lady ahead of us was complaining to the front desk that the website pictures bore no resemblance to the actual hotel room. She was correct. Upon opening the door to our room, we found a dirty, shabby room with cinder block walls and mismatched, worn furniture. Surprise! It looked nothing like the pictures online. We immediately complained to the front desk clerk. She admitted that they had no rooms that looked like the pictures on the website. We demanded a refund. Choice Hotels/Rodeway Inn needs to drop this hotel from their franchise. This is absolutely a false and misleading room representation. Don't even think of staying here.

• Stayed July 2013
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 28, 2013

You get what you pay for, I guess. The room was clean, but my husband and I consider this our first and last visit. There are many other options in Bend. There were no hangers for our clothes, and no bath mat. The window blinds did not fully close. The so-called breakfast was coffee and some leftover pastry the first day, more cereal and juice the second day, but it's better to bring what you want yourself and put it in the fridge. The hotel attracts some partyers, and we could hear them through thin walls, but we managed to endure two nights. Still, we would not be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The "non-smoking" room smells like old smoke and musty funk. The carpet is filthy. The beds were ok. The bathroom was....EW!! The toilet paper holder was coming out of the wall leaving a dark hole, the water in the tub would not drain. At.ALL. There must be a 30 year old hair ball down there. We couldn't stand in the shower. We had to sponge bath. This place gives me the shivers. RUN away! It was a complete rip off for the amount we payed, I expected a room that would not make me throw up in my mouth.

• Stayed August 2013
WA
Reviewed August 16, 2013

First, let me say that had we been staying more than one night, we would have brought the problems with the air conditioner to the attention of management. Yeah, it's hot in Bend. And the air conditioner in the main room (we had a suite) was just not working right. It turned on and off, was noisy and didn't keep the room at the set temp.

The front office folks were friendly. Breakfast was pretty awful. Some juice, some milk, a couple types of off-brand looking cereal. Loaf cakes cut into slices and left in a large Tupperware-style container. Coffee was undrinkable. There was fresh fruit, some dry oranges and green bananas on a stand. Technically breakfast, but not in any way desirable.

The pool was the best part of the place. Decent pool, clean water, good temperature.

Why'd we stay there? The first three places we called in Bend were all booked up and we needed a room that night. And it wasn't cheap! Over a hundred bucks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family