“BEWARE”

Ranked #42 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Post Falls, Idaho
“BEWARE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

5/19/2012 Was Not impressed at all wish i would stayed some where else 1.) The first room we was in was dark had no window very poor light. Went to the front to change room which we did. Settled in and notice no phone in the room the front because they offered wi fi but we couldn't get it connected found out the room has no phone to offer in room, so had to call on our cell phone. well mean time connected thru nook. As we was putting things away we has notice that their was hole's in the wall paint was chipping off the walls and the trap for the pipe's was broken and off the wall. the electrical out let didn't have wall plate. Their was ants in the bathroom. and most motels /hotels have clock which this one didn't offer. The next day had went up to office asked for towels and the maid said the towels are in the drier and mind you it was 9 am waited till 10:15 went back up to office to see if i could get the towels and finely they maid had brought up towel which was wet. And you can see outside of the door when its closed. Also their was no smoke alarm. So over all i wouldn't suggest this to my worst enemy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dan e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Franklin, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

the manager was a very nice young lady . the room was very clean and the house keeper was very nice to her name is nieves . and the manager name is lety. my name is jeff langley [--].

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jeff l
Mazatlan, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have stayed at this motel a number of times over the past 5 years and, as is common with many older establishments, have seen it endure a slow degeneration in the quality of rooms and service etc. However, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience on my most recent pass through the area. The motel has new managment and they are friendly and eager to assist the traveler. They have undertaken an ambitious remodeling project and are in the process of revamping all the rooms. Completed rooms sport new carpet, linens, heating and AC units as well as flat screet television and internet access. Price for a single large bed was a very reasonable $38.50 including tax etc. I would recomend the establishment to those who are looking for a good price and a clean room. It is still an older motel but many of the issues that affect such units are being addressed by the current team. As long as the managment continues to demonstrate a willingness to make the Westward Ho a pleasant experience I will be happy to stay there again on my next pass through Bend.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly remodled rooms since not all rooms have been remodled yet
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank cliffinmaz
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

we were traveling back home from visiting family, it was getting late and the kids were tired, so we decided to find a motel to spend the night. we chose Westward ho motel because of the price(only $59.00) for a room with two queen beds, bunk beds, a little living area with a huge plasma t.v. kids loved it. The room was clean, and quiet, the pool was warm and clean the hut tub I enjoyed the most. VERY NICE! the next morning talk to the manager (very pleasant lady) she told me that the rooms were being renovating due to new ownership it looks like they are doing a good job. I highly recommend this motel, for us is going to be our mid-stop to rest and relax when traveling since we travel a lot to see family.

Room Tip: restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DavidPS10
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

My brother, mom, and myself were just looking for a place that provided basic living conditions. It was late, we were tired, and we just wanted a cheap and clean place to sleep for a couple of hours during our long drive.

Needless to say, we stayed there
less than an hour. The heater plug wouldn't reach the outlet. A simple extension cord with an adapter would have done. It was absolutely freezing. It was so miserable that the hardest part of leaving was getting out of bed.

The room was dirty. The shower looked like it hadn't been finished. We kept hearing a train noise throughout our short stay. The insulation most be poor because the sound of someone turning a faucet on/off happened over a dozen times.

Then there is the kicker.... my mother woke up and complained of an itching sensation. I had similar itches but it was late and we had been doing a lot of traveling. While Bed Bugs can't be 100% confirmed, we left before we found out.

All we wanted was a decent place to stay. We are not picky people. I never take the time to write reviews. However, if this saves one person from having the same awful experience, I am happy to review this place.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank btchrist

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

We went here because it was recommended in Frommers but found out they are under new ownership. We had heard that it was super clean, but this wasnt the case. Room wasn't clean at all. I've never stayed in a hotel that was so dirty! Even had ants in the bathroom. My son found a piece of pizza under the couch. Would not recommend for one night unless they get better maid service.

• Stayed February 2011
Chillicothe, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

I have to say that I have stayed here several times and even a few nights a few months before my last visit and had been pleased. This past time was the last.

I requested a non-smoking room. The first room I was given the ceiling light was out. Not a big deal, so thought. They gave me a different room. It was pretty run down and disappointing, already. Then I smelled a strong scent of cigarette smoke. I thought it might have been just the previous guest' doing. I sprayed and sprayed to rid the smell. I was disgusted and mentioned in the morning the experience that I had. The night attendant informed me that she would mention it to the maid to check it out. OK, now I felt like I was not being trusted on my word.
I waited before check out and told the day person, (or the manager?). I mentioned that I thought that it had been a smoking room before or that several guests had been smoking in it and that it should be looked into.I was trying to be polite and let him know that I had always been pleased with my stay there in the past, even just several weeks before. He was kind of indignant and said I should have just requested another room. I told him that I thought a few sprays would have done the trick and that I had already had to switch from the start. He was going to " have the maid check it out" and said "She had a good sense of smell". Wow! What a way to treat a customer that had stayed there several times before and hardly a "we're sorry" attitude. What a crappy way to deal with a returning customer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business