“Great sushi and bento lunches”

Bend Sushi - TOMO Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #166 of 458 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Description: At Tomo Sushi we believe in providing the highest quality Sushi at affordable prices, in a family friendly atmosphere. Located on the south side of Bend, Oregon (Across from Albertsons, next to Southside Pub) we offer outstanding Sushi, Asian inspired Appetizers and Entrees. We also have a great selection of Sake and Spirits. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff will guide you through our menu and will gladly offer suggestions and as well as Sake pairings to enhance your meal. Experience the best sushi and sashimi from our experienced Sushi Chefs in a casual environment.
bend
“Great sushi and bento lunches”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Don't miss the Bento Lunch and the sushi. Nice homey atmosphere although you would not expect it from the location. Excellent service. Very reasonable prices.

Visited February 2012

Bend, Oregon
“Best price for great sushi”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

When we crave good sushi we go to Tomo. It is reasonably priced and the sushi is fresh and always tasty. We also love their Gyoza and several other dishes they have. We have never been disappointed. My kids also love that they have a little room in the back that is authentic Japanese where you take your shoes off and sit on the floor

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank crfty1
or
“Getting better and busier as time goes on- still pretty weird hours”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I didn't like this restaurant at first- the food seemed uninspired and their specific lunch/dinner ONLY hours, while closing in the afternoon, made sure I didn't make it here very often.

However, recently I have ordered their sushi a couple times and true what others say- its tastier and bigger cuts than many other much "fancier" Japanese places I have been to. They are also starting to get quite crowded for 1/2 price sushi mondays, which I think is a good sign for the food.

I have also starting trying different entrees and I have become really impressed with the ramens. Very large portions and quite flavorful while still feeling light. The char sui ramen is my new favorite. You will be surprised to find out this is a Japanese restaurant operated by Cantonese people, but things like char sui on the menu help you figure it out.

Service is always very fast for takeout, even if the dining room is packed. I just wish they would stay open for that silly 3 hour period between lunch and dinner!

• Visited November 2011
Oregon
“Fresh and Delicious”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Don't let the location deter you. Once you enter TOMO you forget you are in a strip mall. We go to TOMO for Monday night sushi quite often. Each time we have received delicious fresh food and look forward to our next visit. Try it, you won'e be dissapointed.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank kandjOregon
anchorage alaska
“Best sushi of my life”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

After reading reviews on Yelp about this place, my friend and I decided to check it out. I was going in for surgery the next day and we decided we wanted something fun and yummy for my "last supper!". When we saw the place we almost turned around and would have if not for a the line of people waiting outside. It's a small place, in a gas station strip mall thing but the inside is decorated nicely and they have two private tatami rooms if you get lucky enough to grab one. We were there on a monday and it turned out that mondays are half off sushi rolls! While that was a great surprise, it also explained why we waited for over an hour to get a seat. We stuck it out because everything coming out looked delicious and we were definitely not disappointed when we got our own food.

We ordered the edamame, chicken gyoza and tempura shrimp and veggies for appetizers. All were bursting with flavor. The tempura was so light and then best I have ever tasted. We also ordered the Thai Crunch Roll and the Wasabi Roll. Both were delicious. In fact I'm salivating at just the thought of eating there again!

This is a must try place if you love sushi and japanese food. The service can be a little slow if it's crowded. There is a hostess but don't wait for her to put your name on the list, especially if it is crowded. When you walk in, if you see a list of names on the hostess booth, then write yours and the number of people in your party! Don't wait or else you'll be further down the wait list :)

• Visited August 2011