“Sunset Dinners at Pine Marten”

Mt. Bachelor Ski Area
Ranked #5 of 93 things to do in Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers twelve ski trails and ski clinics to help novice to advanced skiers.
La Pine, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sunset Dinners at Pine Marten”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

During the summer, the restaurant is open Fri-Sun for sunset dinners. Reservations required, get there half and hour early to purchase ski lift ticket and ride up to the restaurant. It is absolutely worth it. We went last night and it was magical. The views alone of the SIsters Mountains and Brokentop Mountain are worth it. The food was top notch. I had hazelnut smoked pork chop with fig, green apple and mushroom farroto. The pork was tender and the farroto was rich and delicious. My husband had surf and turf. The tenderloin was a tad overcooked (he likes his steak blue, hard to get in a restaurant) but it was still rare. The scallops were cooked perfectly. Came with Walla Walla onions and blistered asparagus. It was all delicious and the view out the window was priceless. It does get chilly, even in summer, so bring a light jacket. It is expensive, but not pretentious, people were mostly wearing jeans or slacks. Some hardy souls were even in shorts.

Rochester, Washington
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here in the summer and the cost to ride the lift to the top was $17 and I felt it was well worth it. Great views!

Central Florida
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 280 helpful votes
“Summertime rating only: Should rate average but I am giving them 4 for "potential"”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

NOTE: THIS IS A RATING FOR SUMMER TIME....we have never skied Mt Bachelor in the winter but have heard it is great.

We simply love going up mountains via gondolas and have been doing this dozens of times over the last 15-20 years or so. This gondola trip and the scenery is average to below average versus some of our other endeavors (Whistler, Telluride, Aspen and heck even the Lautterbrunen Valley in Switzerland which by the way is the best...once you do that trip and gondola/train system nothing in the world compares).

Anyway it is a quick 30 minute drive up to the base station and it is a nice open air gondola. It is only a 1100 foot elevation change but the gradual slope of the mountain means it is longer trip. It is a volcano area so the trees are minimal and there is not a lot to see and do at the top BUT the views are nice and it is a great and not to costly way to get away for a few hours.

So why do I give it potential?
Got to see the plans of what is coming to the Mt Bachelor for the summer time months SOON. The same company that did the bike trail network in Whistler is building one on Mt Bachelor starting now. Also they will have a zip line system up there (and a few other things). So I suggest to anyone to go up and check it out and then all of us can go back in a year or two and be amazed at how popular Mt Bachelor will become during the summer months too. We already are addicted to Bend but unfortunately they are feeding us more morphine and reason to come back with this announcement!!!!!

Tacoma, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bad experience- go to mt. hood”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I would normally never say don't go skiing at the mountain- but this mountain was not good- Whatever you do, if you do go. GO ON A SUNNY DAY. Mt. Bachelor is really really horribly windy i tried to get a refund because there was 90 mph winds, and they didn't tell us. We took one run, and could barrely ski down the hill because it was so windy. I thought i was going to die. We came back into the lodge and tried to get a refund and asked NICELY...becuase it was ridiculous to try and ski- they looked at us like we were dumb animals and literally laughed
Manager and customer service is displeasing and was not cool...I know snowqualmie would do that where im from
Mt bachelor only is good on a sunny day
Other than that, it still sucks and never going back

Visited March 2013
6 Thank Sadie D
Port Angeles, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must see whether you snowboard, ski or not!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Quality lodge and restaurant with great service and accomodations. Although I'm not a snow sport enthusiast myself, my kids are and I really appreciate the upkeep of this amazing place and the amazing view of the mountain and ski runs from the outdoor seating area.

Visited October 2012