“Wow!! A great time!!”

Mt. Bachelor Ski Area
Ranked #5 of 93 things to do in Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers twelve ski trails and ski clinics to help novice to advanced skiers.
tacoma
“Wow!! A great time!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My Aunt works at the mountain... Pat Smith, she took the day off to show us around the mountain. All the employees were so nice and friendly... My girlfriend and i couldn't believe it. So many runs, from easy greens to hard blacks. Some of the blues are as hard as other mountains blacks. I had a blast, could not ask for nicer people or a nicer facility.!!! and a big thank you to my aunt pat, she finally got me to come down and now i can't wait to come back!! I have already told all my ski friends and they want to go!!!

Visited January 2013

Keizer, Oregon
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Overcrowded, Overpriced, Overrated”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My son and I went skiing here over Christmas break and we were sorely disappointed. The parking lot was packed and we had to walk about a 1/4 of a mile just to get to the overcrowded lodge.

The main lifts are right at the lodge exit, so you have all the people coming out of the lodge and the people coming down the "mountain" all meeting at the same place. Our average wait in the lift lines were from 20 minutes to an unbelievable 45 minutes each time.

For just my son (14) and me it was roughly $150.00 for lift tickets. I totaled up the time spent skiing and the time spent in line and it was almost the same. We paid for an all-day lift ticket and spend half the day in line.

I will never return to this "mountain" to ski again. I use the term "mountain" loosely as this place was originally called "Bachelor Butte" but they changed the name to make it sound more impressive.

4 Thank bgolfguy
Bedford, TX
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Choose your level and there are plenty of runs to choose from”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

In December the snow was great with 4-6 inches of fresh powder daily. If you rent equipment they have a good system for renting that moves you through the process. Equipment was in very good condition and they offered assistance to make sure you were satisfied. The staff was helpful and the way they run the lifts speeds skiiers along. Compares well with Beaver Creek and Vail.

2 Thank Texan70
Tacoma, Washington
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A great family ski resort”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were lucky enough to be on the mountain on a clear, sunny day and the chairs to the summit were running. Lots of intermediate runs and challenging runs for the more experienced boarders. A great lodge with a nice bar, inner tubing hill and a free snow shoe walk with the National Forest Rangers. Also has a free shuttle between the two lodges so you can check out both sides of the mountain. Lots to do here so make sure you get it scheduled because activities like snowmobiling, and other tours sell out on weekends.

2 Thank LennetteN
Bend, Oregon
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good Slopes, but expensive”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

These are great skiing slopes, and I enjoy it when my in-laws take us up there. Unfortunately, I'm not enough of a skiier to pay the high rates to go up there regularly. The food is also ridiculously priced considering all my experience with it has been of high school cafeteria quality. But when there's no competition, what can you expect? Pack your own lunch.

Visited January 2013