Cog Wild Mountain Bike Tours
Ranked #2 of 59 Outdoor Activities in Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: Cog Wild Bicycle Tours & Shuttles is the only local mountain bike tour company in Central Oregon. We offer one day tours, shuttles and multi-day mountain bike vacations. We are your local resource for the trails including local favorites and help in planning your trip to Central Oregon. Contact us today to get the locals perspective on 200+ miles of single track right outside of town.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a collaboration with Lyndsey Voreis, AllRide. Lyndsey is an amazing, inspirational instructor! Every morning we practiced skills, jumps, pump tracks, wheel lifts and much else. Next we broke for a gourmet healthy lunch, then were guided out to Bend's amazing trails, where we road and practiced our skills. Each day ended with beverages/happy hour to relax and talk about the day. Our small group of 7-8 women had three coaches at all times and groups were divided by skill level so no one was held back. Mel, the owner of CogWild is truly a professional who also educated us about the history of COTA (Central Oregon Trail Alliance) and the incredible Bend community that has built and comes out to maintain the fabulous single track surrounding Bend. The last day we were shuttled and guided part way down the famed McKenzie River Trail by Emily H. She was so great and even made us a custom soundtrack for the ride home, as we all sung at the top of our lungs. I reccommend CogWild very highly!!

1  Thank Nancy P

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I signed up for the Bachelor to Bend mountain bike tour. Dillon and Greg were our guides. They knew the area well, were very easy going, picked a nice route and set a good pace. There is a huge network of trails in the Bend area and we didn't spend much time in the van getting to the trail head. The tour was close to 30 miles. I would have liked to get more miles of singletrack in but I think a couple people in our group over estimated their skills and/or fitness and were the limiting factor. Dillon and Greg managed this well and I still had a good ride. I would certainly ride with them again. Hopefully next time I will have my own bike instead of renting. If you will be riding for more than a couple days I recommend paying the costs to get your own bike out there. Rental costs are on the high side and even with a nice dual suspension bike its never quite as comfortable as your own wheels.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'm a mountain biker and always try to ride nice places when on vacation. Bend has been one of the best places I've riden and the tour made super simple. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The best mountain bike tour anyone in our group of 6 had ever had. Melanie and the crew at Cog Wild took care of all the details and put together a great half day ride. We had out of town visitors and have been raising small children, so we don't know the trails. Melanie is amazing. She gave everyone the appropriate instruction and gave us a tour that exceeded the expectations of everyone in the group. Whoops is phenomenal. My nephew never wanted it to end and couldn't believe that it went on as long as it did. Melanie even went out of her way to show us trails that our little guys could do and a place to practice for Whoops. Would definitely do again!!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I took a private skills clinic from Cog Wild to build my confidence on more technical trails. We started out slow and worked through the basics and then hit the trails. Specific techniques were reinforced by repeating a couple of times which was extremely helpful. Luke did a great job of managing the amount of information so that I was not overwhelmed and able to focus on the most important elements. By the end of the session I found the confidence to hit the trails on my own the next day. Thanks Luke!!