“Overpriced and over-baked”

Flatbread Neopolitan Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Flatbread Neopolitan Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 466 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bond
Description: Flatbread is an upbeat Neapolitan pizzeria and wine bar specializing in serving authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza certified by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN) of Naples, Italy. We strictly adhere to the regulations set forth not only by the VPN, but by long-standing tradition. Offering craft brews from around the region, unique wines, a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an amazing happy hour from 3-6pm every day. Perfect for families as kid's make their own pizza right at their table, then watch it bake in our 900 degree wood burning oven. The menu is balanced out with a selection of market fresh salads, focaccia sandwiches and possibly the most amazing mac-n-cheese you'll find. Join us for a hip, urban and fun dining experience.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a disappointing experience. This restaurant sits in one of the most beautiful spots in Oregon (if not the US) and is very nicely appointed/designed. It looks out on the Deschutes River and has great atmosphere. Okay, that's the good stuff. I found the service surly, slow and disorganized. Clear management issues. (Oddly, I listened to a manager spend probably three or four minutes lecturing a worker on how to properly make food as I waited for my order. Really?) And at the end of my wait, my pizza wasn't edible. I'm not sure how you can have wood-oven pizza that is charcoal on the bottom and soggy in the middle. But the folks at Flatbread managed that feat. And the price was high, on top of everything else.

Bend is a community with lots of good places to eat. Don't be fooled by the great location and atmosphere. Skip this place and go elsewhere.

2  Thank wandering_bob231

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had a portabello sandwich on foccacia bread. It sounds simple, and predictable. It was not. It was wonderful. The foccacia itself was remarkable, fresh, fragrant and wonderful. When it was combined with the filling of fresh, flavorful portabello, cheese and properly grilled onions, it was something to behold.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had lunch here and, although crowded, we were seated in short order. Server did an excellent job of asking if,we were new to the restaurant and the went on to explain their offerings and make good suggestions as well as point out specials we could take advantage of. I was impressed with the productivity of both the servers and bus personnel. They never stopped!
Our order was taken quickly once we had decided and wait time for our pizza was short. All the while our beverage glasses were kept full and a manager also stopped by our table to check on us.
The Tuscan chicken pizza was absolutely wonderful; ingredients were fresh and dough was very pleasing - done but not,overdone. Menu items offer a wide flexibility in building the meal you want and prices very reasonable. I highly recommend Flatbread for a fun dining experience.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Flatbread is a casual with great views of the Deschutes river in Bend. The Pizza all are baked in a special oven and the ingredients are always fresh and tasty. There sea salt and parmesan flatbread is so good with three dipping sauces. Great local beers and they have a great happy hour with smaller portions every day until 6 PM. Have been there many times and the service is always excellent.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My parents were visiting from out of town, so I took them to Flatbread--which is one of my favorite lunch spots in Bend. The food and service were both great, as always. But, the music was really loud--Quiet Riot's "Bang Your Head" at lunch is innappropriate and the volume so loud, we could barely hear one another. Maybe it's Flatbread's way of hurrying diners along to open up a table, but this is a family friendly restaurant, not a bar. Some of my friends have said the same thing about the music being too loud and obnoxious, so unless the music quiets down, I won't be returning.