“Best deal for a skier!”
Review of Cascade Lodge

Cascade Lodge
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Driving over to Bend, for us, means SKIING! We often rent houses through vrbo.com but found this motel PERFECT for the low price! The owner was SO NICE! We loved the comfy beds, big TV for late-night viewing, and convenience to nearby restaurants and quick jaunt to Mt. Bachelor.
Highly recommended for those who are snobs, looking for a good deal!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ValB0
There are newer reviews for Cascade Lodge

Reviewed February 7, 2014

When I stay in a hotel that looks similar to an apartment complex I don't expect much.. This room was nicely decorated, comfortable bed, large bathroom, hot water!! The only thing I didn't like was the shower head! This place was great! Nice owners, quiet neighborhood.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carliebrewer
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews online, I compared them to days inn. This hotel had a lot more positives. Room is clean and has been remodeled, I have not stayed in a hotel at this price with crown moulding! $55.00! Very cute decor, a pillow top mattress very comfortable. I traveled through this town a week ago and didn't do any research, we stayed at super 8 And paid over $70.00 it was dingy and bed was very uncomfortable. I'm glad I had time to research for my ride back home and made a stop at the cascade lodge. The man in the office was also very helpful with directions to the shopping centers. And for the guy who complained about the bathrooms my bathroom looks very white! Very clean! And my room doesn't smell!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alexislynn09
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I were fooled by a surprising 3 star ranking in a reservation site.

We were disappointed as it is an old type one story motel from the 50's located in the least appealing of very nice city of Bend (OR)

It was advertised as refurbished. For the owner refurbishing is not changing the bathrooms lights and beds but putting some paint over the mildew infected walls. The first room was very dark and very very smelly. My wife say that it will depress anybody to stay there (we booked for 10 days..)

The owner showed us a second room which was a little less dark but kept the horrible smell mixing mildew and new painting. It was not appealing and certainly not at the 3* standard. I noticed that Trip Advisor gave it a 2* status. For us, who travel all over the world, it is not, but a 1• motel. The prices however were unfortunately at the 3 star level . We really consider that we must advise the visitors of the reality of this motel and to avoid the one day penalty charge that we get when we flee it to go to another charming and delicious hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms sorry
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gerovital
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a good choice for an inexpensive lodging. It was very clean, comfortable with decent continental breakfast ....good muffins and other choices. Nice staff and surprised that the noise factor between rooms was nil....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jeannie m
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The room condition is quite good. clean and quite. The furniture and amenities are decent. The front is very kind and helpful. wifi also works great. We will definitely visit again and recommend for anyone who wants economic hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne K
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My mother and I stopped here for a night on a road trip and were amazed at the room. It was HUGE - almost like an apartment. Bobby, the owner, said that it was a "deluxe" room since that was all he had available but he discounted the price so it really wasn't much more than the "regular" rooms. He was super friendly and helpful. The motel is located on the south end of Bend, so that it's quite convenient if you're visiting Newberry Volcanic National Monument. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family