“It has its good points but could use a wall washing.”
Review of Cascade Lodge

Cascade Lodge
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Bend
“It has its good points but could use a wall washing.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Clean linens and newer mattresses are a plus. The walls however were discusting. Boogers, fingerprints and who knows what else. The bathroom was not super clean but again it was mostly the walls. Evidence of past mold or bed bugs behind the headboard. There was powder residue so I'm guessing they got it under control. Pool was really nice but the shallow end was 3ft deep so my younger kids age 5 and 2 couldn't swim. Outside of property looks very nice. Get somebody in here to wash the walls!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank pickytravelingmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Inexpensive and clean hotel. Not much ambience but okay for one night. Has a pool for. Owner is very helpful and pleasant. We an extra large room with a large screen tv.

Room Tip: Bend is a very nice city. Lots to do once you are there and hotel is in good location.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The gentleman at the front counter was friendly, the woman (his wife) was not. The rooms where clean and in good condition with nice decor, we had a suite and really enjoyed it, I will return!

• Stayed June 2012
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We chose this motel on 3rd because it was a little set back from the busy street and didn't have businesses right up against it. The staff were great and showed us 2 rooms. We chose room #40 with a king bed. It was $59. The sign said they had remodeled and this room looked good. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was all new, the furnishings were new, the bed was comfortable and there was a big flat screen tv. It also had a microwave and a fridge. We didn't hear our neighbors until morning when some joker in his huge diesel truck left the engine running outside our room for over 10 minutes, to warm up!! Grrr. Breakfast was coffee and some muffins. We also got some fruit. It was enough for us. The manager/owners came by while we were packing up to ask how our stay was. We were satisfied and pleasantly surprised with this motel. For this price I was expecting a shabby, dated room. The only negative thing I can say is that the smoke alarm started beeping in the middle of the night. We figured the battery needed replacing so we took it out and told them the next day. No biggie. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FCsantacruz
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We were very surprised at our room! It was large and very clean. It was newly upgraded and had new carpet and a flat screen tv in it. We loved the comfy bed. We will be back again!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jalaneab
Halfway, Oregon
Reviewed December 12, 2011

In spite of the couple negative reviews, I decided to take a chance on this place. Mostly because I love smaller retro motels, where you park your car outside the door. Although retro, I still expect all the amenities, like fridge, micro, wireless internet, continental breakfast, etc.

We were greeted upon our arrival by our host, who was friendly and pleasant, and he put us in the back corner away from the 3rd street traffic. I really couldn't hear the traffic at all during our stay. There were guests on either side of us, but they were quiet and respectful. The room was clean, and I am a stickler on that. Wore my socks around and they didn't even get dirty. The bed was comfortable. The only complaint I can think of is no room-darkening shades/curtains for the window. I sleep better in complete darkness.

No, it isn't fancy, but it's very charming and we plan on coming back here again next month. It isn't the sort of place for you stay in your room all the time, but a good place to crash at night. Spend your days exploring the fabulous area. I didn't find 3rd street to be shabby or scary at all, just lots of businesses. You can find pretty much anything you want within a mile or two of the motel.

YMMV

Room Tip: Ask for a room behind the swimming pool
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sweet c
Gresham
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I booked this hotel for one night just passing thru. We decided a couple hours later we didn't need to stay there. I called to cancel and due to their "policy" I could not cancel. I needed to cancel 24 hours in advance. I booked it withing 24 hours of us even staying there. The manager was so rude on the phone, just becasue you are cheap, friendliness goes a long way.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family