Shilo Inns Bend
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Wall Street Suites(Bend)
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsthe riveroutdoor poolgas fireplacebreakfast buffetbit datedpotatoesyogurtlarge roomfridge and microwavequeen bedfitness centerfull kitchencentral oregonloungetubsveteranssauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Sorry to hear that someone had a bad experience, but I will stand up for this hotel and say that I have stayed here many times in the past when in the area and I only had one bad experience. I brought it to the managers attention and he fixed everything and now I feel like he knows me and knows what kind of rooms I like. They work hard to fill all your expectations! I found out that they have so many room types that even I never knew. Just ask and they will help you out with whatever your looking for! Some rooms have fireplaces, which is what I love, some have Jacuzzi's which is what other look for and some are just I don't even know? just sounds like so many room types. The property is a bit older but the location is great and I think there keeping it up very well. Great location in the river and across from the mall an many resturants. I would suggest there lounge for good food and good drinks at a very reasonable price if your looking for something simple. (that's me) Pools are nice, one outdoors (seasonal) and one indoor. So if you have kids you may ask for a room close to it since it is in its own building. Not much of a walk from many of the buildings so don't worry. I want to thank the MGR again for everything and I will be back when in the area! Thanks

Room Tip: If you have a choice request river view, its really pretty
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brent S
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inns Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for posting your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with the Shilo Inn in Bend. We are so gland you enjoyed your visit. We take pride in our cleanliness and friendliness, we are glad you noticed. If there is ever a problem with your stay I would like to deal with it, correct it and make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. I look forward to see you on your next trip to Bend.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The outside of this inn looks much better than any part of the inside. The furnishings in our room were worn and dated; the lobby and restaurant weren't much more appealing. We had booked a river-view room, but you couldn't see the river from our patio. You needed to walk about 20 feet to see the river, which is okay unless you are paying extra for the view, which we were. In addition, the mosquitos outside we're annoying and plentiful. Finally, the scenic areas Oregon is known for are not close by, as our trusty road atlas led us to believe. We left early the next morning after staying only one night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do have some rooms that are closer to the river than others and we hope that if you visit us again, we will have a room closer to the river for you. We are centrally located and less than 30 minutes away from the attraction that central Oregon is known for. We would love to see you again and would be happy to point out some of our lovely area attractions for you to visit.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at Shilo Inn Bend 10 Oct to 13 Oct. Was the best accommodation out of 4 hotels we stayed at during our visit to USA. Room was nice, extremely comfortable, room service was excellent and most of all beverages were available. Staff was friendly and courteous at all times. Well done to the manager and his staff. Thank you. Sonnette & Jeantel Stander South Africa

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sonnette,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a great trip. We sure hope that if your travels bring you to Central Oregon, you will stop and see us again!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I just read the negative reviews and would like to defend this place to some degree. We felt it was a decent place, with a good breakfast, for the price we paid. First of all, this was probably a very nice resort at one time, but was eventually purchased by the Shilo Inn people. Just a guess. As such, it's not your typical hotel, and yes, it does need updating. There are a number of separate buildings and all of the stair cases are in open air. No elevators. Having said that, we came into Bend late at night and asked for a nice room. The receptionist recommended a room on the third floor. By the way, she was nice. I agreed and maybe that's why we felt the room was good. We did have to lug our luggage up the stairs to the third floor, but the room was nice, clean and comfortable - even the bed. The third floor rooms have the tall, cathedral-style ceilings. We could open the sliding glass door looking out to a fairly unusable balcony for fresh air. I noticed that some of the inner, third floor rooms facing the courtyard did have usable balconies, but they probably cost more. The wi-fi worked great. It was a dark and rainy night and we slept well. The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean, but really needed updating. The tissue paper dispenser was out. In the morning, we woke up to sunshine and were able to see the beautiful grounds that this hotel (or resort) was built on. Very nice. The breakfast was in what was once the resort's restaurant. Who knows, maybe it's still a restaurant, but everyone who walked in just seated themselves and had at the free breakfast. The food was decent. The eggs were real. You could tell. So were the pancakes - real, not frozen. Overall, we had a pleasant stay at at good value. I would stay here again if all of the rooms were as nice as the room we had on the third floor. Yes, this place needs updating - desperately, but I wasn't expecting the Hilton or the price that comes with a fancier hotel. Did I say the grounds were beautiful? This must have been a nice resort many, many years ago. By the way, there is an outdoor pool and there may even be an indoor pool.

Room Tip: It's a bit of a climb, but the third floor rooms may be the nicest rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us and telling us about your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and your room. We do have a variety of rooms on the property and have done some updating. Please stop in and see us again if you are in our area!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Terrible room, not very clean and in desperate need of an update. The bed is lumpy - mattress should have been replaced about a decade ago.

Went to the front desk to ask for a different room (the internet doesn't work either) and was given attitude by the girl at the front desk. If there isn't another room available, then that's fine, but please, there's no need to have such a poor attitude!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dsrdms
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Bend, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear LeRoy P,

I am so disappointed to find out that you were unhappy with your room. I am sorry we were not able to move you to a room that would have been more to your liking.

I will speak to the front desk agents about your experience. That is not living up to Shilo standards and will be addressed.