Shilo Inns Bend
Cascade Lodge(Bend)(Great Value!)
$89
Holiday Motel(Bend)(Great Value!)
$99
Comfort Inn & Suites(Bend)(Great Value!)
$221
$159
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$234
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$143
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

$299
$254
Bend Three Sisters Inn & Suites(Bend)(Great Value!)
$198
$193
La Quinta Inn Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$199
La Quinta
$296
All reviewsthe riveroutdoor poolgas fireplacebreakfast buffetbit datedlarge roomyogurtqueen bedfitness centerfull kitchencentral oregonkitchenetteloungetubsveteranssauna
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were here for four nights with a large group of people, and I have to say that there was really nothing wrong at all. The staff were all friendly, the breakfast buffet was quite good, the rooms were (reasonably) clean and the services were all adequate. In fact, that is a great word to describe the experience...adequate. But while I can offer no reason for you not to stay here, I would personally probably say 'been there, done that' and look for another place.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inns Bend, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Steve M,

Thank you for choosing the Shilo Inn when you were in Bend. It is nice to hear what you thought of your stay. Please do come again and give the Shilo Inn another try.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

After reading a few reviews we were somewhat apprehensive about staying at Shilo Inn Bend.. We arrive at 2.00pm and the young lady on reception could not have been more pleasant. Although her computer seemed to be on the blink we were checked in quickly and found our room was pristine with lots of space, modern clean amenities and the river view..beds were comfortable, carpets modern and clean, both rooms spotless, we will definitely look for Shilo Inns on our next visit. Breakfast was adequate choices of hot or cold buffet, staff on checkout were extremely pleasant, great location, great surroundings and easy to find, a credit to the manager in our opinion. We both travel regularly and extensively here in USA, ASIA,EUROPE, please take it from me I write exactly what I see and experience, Shilo Inn at Bend was great value for us.

Room Tip: Block 500 river view two queen beds.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

David L,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I will pass on your comments to the staff. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Bend.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'll get the bad review out of the way first from our trip taking in Seattle to San Francisco. This was booked by our holiday company and we had a fairly long drive around 4 hours to get here. Downtown Bend is a very nice place, the Shilo Inn isn't. We arrived at 3pm and didn't know check in was 4pm so we drove wearily into Bend to kill an hour whilst they got our room ready. When we got back there was a different lady on reception who greeted us with a surly "Gotta name?" which she then proceeded to get wrong even though it was printed on our voucher. (This young lady was the only rude person we encountered on our entire trip in numerous hotels and restaurants, so congratulations!) Presumably because I pointed out she'd got my name wrong she got revenge by putting us in the worst room in the place, or are they all this bad?
I'm not sure what they meant by getting our room ready, but if it meant urinating on the toilet seat, leaving human hair stuck to the outside of the basin, staining the chairs so that we didn't want to sit on them, and making the room look like it hadn't been decorated for 30 years then they succeeded! Oh and did I mention the wonderful view? Our room on the second floor corridor (reminded me of run down local authority blocks in the UK) had the picturesque outlook of.....the glaring red coke machine. The decor was terrible and the furniture looked like it has been picked up off skips, we didn't want to sit on anything or have our clothes come in contact with any of the fabrics, the room also smelled strongly of cigarette smoke as did reception despite the supposed no smoking policy. We've stayed in some right dumps especially in Brighton, Sussex UK which is renowned for terrible B&Bs who don't give a rat's because they know there's another mug waiting to book, and this was up, or rather down there with the worst of them. We were only here for one night thankfully, and because of the attractions of Bend's wonderful brew pubs we had a lovely night in Bend and bizarrely got a very good night's sleep.
The shower worked fine and complex had an outdoor and I think an indoor pool which I didn't use.
Sorry Shilo Inns but if this is the standard of your rooms and what you call customer service then it was very much at odds with our experience at the other 7 hotels. In the words of the American character in the Fawlty Towers episode Waldorf Salad "I wouldn't board my dog here."
Oh and one final thing, nearly two weeks after staying there and despite the room being prepaid and us not spending a cent there, they still haven't repaid my room guarantee deposit, despite me having the credit slip to confirm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan H
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inns Bend, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear AFCMorant,

I am disappointed to read that you were not happy with your stay. I am sorry that you thought the front desk person was rude to you. That is something that is not acceptable. I have had a meeting with the front desk staff and the housekeeping staff to discuss the issues you brought up.
I did look at your reservation and see that you did book one of our standard king rooms. These are the rooms on property that do face the breeze way and parking lot. All of our other rooms have balconies or patios that face the outdoor pool and courtyard or the Deschutes River. If you were unhappy with your room we would have been more than willing to see if we had something more to your liking.
I did check on the status of the hold on your card. We releases any hold on you card the day you checked out. Once we have released the hold it can be 3 to 10 business days for your credit card company to process.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We just returned from a great 4-day visit for a convention held at the Shilo Inn, Bend, Oregon
it was fabulous! Rooms were pleasing and very clean. The food was outstanding and their desserts were terrific. They did everything for our convention, rooms, food, buffet, catering, helping set up. You name it -it was taken care of. Wonderful staff and helpers from the cleaning folks, to servers, bartender extra TLC given to us -don't forget to order the home made potato chips-yum. All in all EXCELLENT we will be back and we recommend the Shilo Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Peggy,

Thank you for all your nice comment. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on all you comments to the staff. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Bend.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and 2 young children had booked 5 nights with this hotel. I had booked with their central booking and had a thorough conversation on what I was wanting and how long I was wanting to stay for. When I went to check in, they had everything wrong. The Lady at the counter stood there staring at me and offered another room for more money! This all happened as the manager walk away from us into his office. There was no trying to accommodate us but rather the option to cancel. I spent hours with a tired family in Bend trying to find another place. They should learn some people skills as it’s the people whom they get their pay checks from.

Room Tip: Book in advance and make sure everyone is clear on what you are wanting.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear c_kow1978,

I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with you reservation. I was not aware that there was a problem with your reservation until after you had left. I was talking to someone else when I was at the desk and I had another person in my office that was waiting for me. I would have been more than happy to talk to you about your reservation. I am sorry that your experience was not up to Shilo standards. If you would like to contact me personally I can be reached at 541-389-9600 or at kevin.coelsch@shiloinns.com.