“Restful”

Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Los Angeles, California
“Restful”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Next time I'm in Bend, I'm staying here. Very friendly and efficient staff. I told them what I wanted and they accommodated (no pun intended). The room was clean and quiet, the pool and grounds were inviting, and the breakfast was first rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear JayDee90017,

We will have a room ready for you next time you are in Bend. It is always nice to hear when a guest enjoyed their stay with us. I will be sure that all the staff gets to read your comments. We look forward to having you come and stay with us again.

Kevin Coelsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Keystone, Colorado
Reviewed April 7, 2013

First off, the rooms advertised are not what you get. The room I chose from the web site was nothing like what I got. I had reserved the King Suit on the river at $149 a night. The photo shows a nice room with decent furnishings. The room I put in was run down and dirty and smelled like cat pee. I did bring my pet and have stayed in many pet rooms, but they were always clean and didn't smell. When I complained the girl at the desk said they were completely sold out from walk ins. I insisted she move me. After 5 or 6 calls to the front desk she does offer another room. That room was worse!!! The cat pee in the carpet was so bad it was burning my eyes. I'm very allergic to cats, even my dog was grossed out. She backed into a corner sniffing the air. Again I called the front desk, was told the same story - no rooms, so she put me back in the first room. Every time I spoke with the girl at the desk she was rude and out n out snotty. Back in the first room I got on the Shilo Inn Bend's website and there were rooms available. I called the front desk. She told me she would not move me again. I was very upset as this was a business trip my company had paid for, so I told her I wanted a refund. She refused, told me there was no one to call. She hung up on me. I called back told her to call someone now and give me a refund immediately. The rooms were just uninhabitable period. Finally she calls the room, tells me she can give me a refund. By this time I've been there at least 2 hours trying to leave. I go to the office to get my cash deposit and pet fee refunded. She refused to give me the pet fee back! By the time I found another hotel - Marriott Town Suites great hotel - it was midnight. The next day I called the Shilo manager to complain about the rooms, the girl at the front desk and not being refunded the pet deposit. The manager said I should have got the pet fee back, but didn't bother to apologize about any of it. After my business meetings I went back to get the pet fee of $27.50 The same girl is behind the desk. She greets me with a huge fake smile. When I put my hand out to take the envelope from her she says, "Here's...Your...Pet...Fee" with as much sarcasm as possible and slaps the envelope in my hand. I told her she is a snotty little child without any manners and left. When I opened the envelope it had $27.25 not $27.50 That seemed very passive aggressive as she was the one to put the money in the envelope. I called the Shilo corporate customer service and spoke with a nice woman who apologized repeatedly for the condition of the hotel and the way I was treated. At least someone apologized!! The other reviewer Cjrv must be referring to the same girl I dealt with. What a terrible place! It's far beyond normal wear and tear. If you charge a pet fee then use it to clean the carpets. The hotel is practicing bait and switch with the web pictures and the actual rooms. I did speak with a very nice man who helped me move between rooms. He said he hears complaints from guests every day. He said he stopped relaying the complaints to the management because they just don't care. What is really comical are the rebuttals under all the reviews by the management claiming every thing is fine turning it around on the guest. Well here's what I'll say to you Mr. Manager your hotel is filthy and you know it, the front desk girl should be fired, and no matter what you say in your rebuttals to the reviews you haven't done one thing about any of it. I read back a couple years reviews, same bad hotel, different day. Oh and about the low rate you offer to our US Veterans, it is a disgrace to offer them any room in your hotel. They deserve better. Shame on you! BTW- I've posted pictures.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear hulagirl1960,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your experience with the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel – Bend.

We regret that your room did not live up to your expectations and we were unable to provide you with suitable accommodations for you and your dog.

Please know that corrective actions have taken place where possible.
We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again so that you may experience true Shilo Hospitality & Excellence. If this is something you might consider, please contact us directly at guestservices@shiloinns.com and our staff will assist you promptly.

Ingrid Doerksen
Guest Services Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

Saint Helens, Oregon
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was the first night of a two night stay. We found it to be a good value for the price. We have a river view room which is well worth it. The restaurant has limited offerings though the prices are good and the food was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Bill B,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel . I hope you had plenty of time to enjoy the nice weather and the Deschutes River out your back door. . We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Bend!

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We chose Shilo because we have stayed at several of their hotels across Oregon and we have almost always had a good experience. We have stayed at the Bend location before, too. This most recent stay was not that great. Throughout the property were employees with neon signs on their faces saying, "I hate my job" and "don't talke to me because you (customer) annoy me". Only one woman at breakfast was pleasant and had a smile on her face. This off-putting attitude was also seen among managers. In particular, the assistant manager who checked us in was over-the-top rude to us for no reason. We were pleasant to her and yet she was annoyed, curt and robotic with us. Our room was only semi-clean. For instance, the previous guest's shampoo and soap were still in the shower and the floor was not completely vacuumed. Common areas looked neglected as well. There were rarely clean towels by the pool and the steam room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in quite some time. I am forgiving of the aging facility (like so many Shilo Inns across the Pacific NW), but I do expect employees to be pleasant and things to be clean. The breakfast was lacking. Some things are okay because they are simply packaged (like yogurt or cereal), but the hot food was of poor quality and tasteless. I felt sure that some of the sausages (tough and chewy) were saved from the previous day and re-heated. Yuck!

Room Tip: If you have a choice among other hotels with similar accommodations and location, then choose some o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Roth-Vinson,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Bend Shilo Inn. I was pleased that you have stayed with us before, however I was very disappointed to read there were a few items during your stay that were not to your liking. I assure you that the hot items on our breakfast are made fresh daily, we do not save anything and serve it at a later date

I do read each and every comment and use them to gauge what we are doing well and areas that we can improve. I can assure you I will be following up on the issues that you presented and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We are currently staying here for our second night, March 19 & 20. Signed up for one night just to try it out and were so impressed that we walked over to the lobby and signed up for a second night. Has been a perfect place to use as a base and go out for some sightseeing and day hikes. In fact the young ladies at the front desk in the evening were incredibly helpful in giving us ideas for things to do.

The room is very nice and is an exceptional value in today's motel market. We got a king bed overlooking the river in Bldg 6 with a room divider and a small kitchenette, gas fireplace, small sofa, table and chairs on the other side of the divider. You do get road noise on the second floor but the front desk let us know beforehand so it was no surprise and doesn't bother us. Heading for one of the hot tubs tonight after a day of hiking. This is a large property with several buildings and has that 'lodge' feeling to it. Well appointed room in this, the last remodeled of the buildings.

Room Tip: Building 6 is the newest of the bunch but do get road noise on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear mrhugheshid,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure I look at the schedules and find out who helped you with your check in. I will make sure I pass on you nice comments to them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will use us as your base again in the future.

Rainier, Or
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is the first time that we've stayed at a Shilo Inn. We recieved the Vetrans rate and quite frankly I don't know why a vet would stay any place else. We stayed for 7 nights on the river and quite frankly it's the best value we've ever had and we travel a lot. It's nice to find an American business that appreciates it's vetrans.
Kudo's to the Shilo Inn family.

Room Tip: Excellent value.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear SpiffRainer_Or,

The Shilo Inn does feel that it is very important to let our veterans know that we truly appreciate their service to our country. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will come and stay with us again.

Thank you for your service.

Eugene
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here on business for 7 nights this month. The rooms are clean with new carpet. My rooms had a good bed (not excellent) with a kitchenette and couch. The rooms were very quiet except for a fairly loud heater. The televisions need to be updated and some work better than others. An excellent hot buffet breakfast is included in the room price. Excellent staff. I will definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear RMEugene,

Thank you for you nice comments about your stay with us. I am sorry that there were problems with your heater and TV. We are working on getting some of those replaced. I will be sure to pass on your comments about the breakfast and the staff. We do hope that you do come and stay with us again.