“Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Bend
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Located at North end of Bend, HEI has easy access to both Bend and Redmond. It's a basic, competent chain hotel and made a fine base camp for our high desert activities. Our room had a nice view of the mountains on the quiet side of the building and was very comfortable and clean. The hot breakfast was substantial, if bland, and all the common areas clean and attractive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have mountain views and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Opera_lover054

Reviewed May 3, 2014

service was very nice, i got at very late night hours without booking
nothing bad about the room and price was 150$ which is not that bad value
location is about 5 minutes drive from bend city
overall not that bad

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shmulik C
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Most comfortable bed ever in motel! We had a king on the 3rd floor and the bed and pillows were so comfortable I slept like I was home! Then I forgot my iPad in the room and when I called they quickly recovered it from the room, put it I'm the safe for me until I could return a couple days later. I was very greatful!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have stayed here a few times and the overall accommodations have been adequate. However on one trip many months ago I noticed that the outside entrances to the parking lot were never locked. When I inquired about this at the front desk the next morning I was told that the card reader was broken and new parts were on order. The management felt that leaving the doors unlocked was more convenient for guests as opposed to having a secured hotel. This did not make me feel very safe staying at this location since anybody has access to the building without having to use the lobby entrance.
Returned for another stay, booked using my points and was very pleased that I was upgraded to a better room based on my membership status. Well, when I was using the parking lot entrance late in the night I noticed that the card reader was still broken and the doors are still unlocked at all times. This I find to be a problem, I choose to stay at hotels that do not have open access due to obvious safety concerns. I reported this problem to the Holiday Inn Website and was informed that my concerns were forwarded to the hotel management. I have never received any response. I will be utilizing other hotels in the area from now on.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TRC70
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear TRC70,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret the issues you had surrounding the condition of the parking lot. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 2, 2014

One of the better HIE rooms I have ever had. We had a jacuzzi king suite and it was wonderful. The staff was very cordial, the room was clean and very comfortable. Excellent bed. I would certainly stay here again if I am ever in Bend.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed over night. The staff was friendly. The room was clean and a nice size. Nice thick towels. Super comfy bed and bedding. Nice indoor pool and hot tub that seemed clean and well maintained. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on business. Staff was very friendly and check in/out a breeze. Room nice size and clean, bed comfortable. Standard breakfast for HiEx hotel line and filling. I had upper room facing west (quiet side as well!) and the view of the mountains on the next clear morning was spectacular. Hotel is north of main part of town along Hwy 97 so no downtown walking here. Overall, I was satisified with this hotel and would stay here for next business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side are quieter. Also view of mountains on west side is nice with upper floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business