“Hotel represents the high standard you expect from Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Bend
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Spend 2 night/3 days here. The complete staff did a great job!! The room was large, the bed was very comfortable, I enjoyed the soft and firm pillows, the TV had HD and basic plus expanded premium channels. I had no problems with the internet. This hotel represent the high standard you should expect from Holiday Inn. I recommend this hotel when visiting the Bend area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Every staff member was very friendly and helpful! They went out of their way to cater to all our needs. The rooms were clean and the beds were soft and comfortable. The hot tub was clean and the perfect temperature. So pleased with the staff. They really made us feel like we were their only guests.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank alltuckerdout
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel staff was very accommodating. We were coming in from out of town for a funeral and needed to check in early and they had both of our rooms ready to go for us. That was such a kind courtesy especially since many hotels do not allow early check in. I had stayed here about 10 years ago and I have to say that the hotel is still very well maintained. The rooms are very clean and spacious, with a coffee maker and mini fridge. There is also a continental breakfast in the morning. Great place to stay if you are in town for a night or two.

Room Tip: If you stay on the second floor you can use the main lobby stairs instead of having to take the elev...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Red Lion & the Lodge at Eagle Crest in or near Bend as well. The room was close to equal to the Lodge's in cleanliness [of course minus the nice Eagle Crest setting] & seemed new and 'fresh' as someone commented earlier. Breakfast was decent as per Holiday Inn's usual.

My only disappointment was the wifi, it ran around 500kps to 1 mb. Ok but certainly not 'high speed' as stated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Virgil K
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was excited to find an available room at a Holiday Inn Express because they're normally very nice and just have that "clean and new" feeling about them. I can't say that about this one. Upon arrival, I asked if we could have a room that was not "pet friendly" as there were dogs EVERYWHERE and I did not want a room that smelled like animals. I was told that the entire hotel is pet friendly, so that was not possible (my fault; I must have missed that one). Our room had a musty smell to it when we walked in, but we couldn't figure out what it was. After a long drive, we proceeded to transfer our items from our cooler into the small refrigerator (one of our must-haves on tournament weekends), only to find that it wasn't working and had defrosted everywhere (hence the smell). Upon further examination, we found that someone had unplugged it and hadn't bothered to plug it back in. As my husband mopped it up with towels, I also noticed that although there were four registered guests, there were only enough towels stocked for three people (grrr!). We were SO tired, but I went down to the front desk to alert the manager of this and was told, "Hmmm...that's unfortunate...if we weren't so busy and full I could move you into another room." That was the extent of that. The room also had an old and outdated feel to it; it was very disappointing, but we had prepaid online for a two-night reservation. During breakfast, while the coffee was pretty good, there was no half and half out on morning two. I asked the attendant if she would mind getting out the pitcher of half and half and she told me to use the creamer containers on the counter. I explained to her that I would really love to have real half and half, and she said she would get it, but not until after the food was out. After about five minutes or so I couldn't wait any longer because we had to leave for our tournament. Overall, for about $300 for two nights, I wish I would have saved my money and stayed at the Super 8; it was about the same level of accomodations. I really felt like while the front desk guys were friendly enough, and gave us free water for being preferred members, they really didn't care about the room smell or the refrigerator issue. I'm getting ready to book out the next six weekends, and I guarantee it won't be at a Holiday Inn Express-not for that price-or that service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank summerfun08_8
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bend, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear summerfun08_8,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our front desk.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our housekeeping, the room condition and the breakfast experience. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Joe and Teresa were wonderful. Answered questions and handled details wonderfully. Though the hotel was full and the breakfast area was busy, the breakfast staff kept it stocked and clean. The laundry facilities were working fine. The kids loved the pool. Good location north of town for heading over the McKenzie Pass. Lots of shopping and eating options nearby. Gas station right next door.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed one night 05/25/2013 while traveling. Our overprice room was just OK but way overpriced for Bend,OR $251.00 with tax. We had a lumpy sagging king bed that was way past it's lifecycle. But the creepy thing was the hole in the ceiling above the showerhead in the bathroom. It was a hole that went all the way through the ceiling. I felt like someone was watching me. It was perfect size for a camera. My husband stood on the edge of the toilet to get a good look at it.
The hotel was unmanaged as it if felt like no one who cared was around. The manager could be found outside the front doors smoking most of the time. He didn't greet the guests or offer to help with your bags or even hold the door for you. One of my bags fell off the cart we were pushing into the doorway and other guests has to step over my bag to exit but the manager was too busy with his cigarette to lend a hand. Because there was this sense that you were on your own the guests felt free to let their dogs roam around unattended. One dog was in the breakfast room during service helping himself. We mentioned this to the smoking mgr but he didn't seem concerned. Another large dog lunged out of the elevator at my husband when the doors opened and would have hit him in the crotch if he hadn't jumped back.
I answered the survey from Holiday Inn but no one called me back so I sent another email directly to corporate telling them of these issues and asking someone to contact me but no one has as of yet. I guess they don't care if Norman Bates is running the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank fostertravels_13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bend, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear fostertravels_13,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I apologize for the service you have received during your stay which is not up to your par. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Rest assured that I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A