“Stay away creepy place”

Holiday Inn Express Bend
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed one night 05/25/2013 while traveling. Our overprice room was just OK but way overpriced for Bend,OR $251.00 with tax. We had a lumpy sagging king bed that was way past it's lifecycle. But the creepy thing was the hole in the ceiling above the showerhead in the bathroom. It was a hole that went all the way through the ceiling. I felt like someone was watching me. It was perfect size for a camera. My husband stood on the edge of the toilet to get a good look at it.
The hotel was unmanaged as it if felt like no one who cared was around. The manager could be found outside the front doors smoking most of the time. He didn't greet the guests or offer to help with your bags or even hold the door for you. One of my bags fell off the cart we were pushing into the doorway and other guests has to step over my bag to exit but the manager was too busy with his cigarette to lend a hand. Because there was this sense that you were on your own the guests felt free to let their dogs roam around unattended. One dog was in the breakfast room during service helping himself. We mentioned this to the smoking mgr but he didn't seem concerned. Another large dog lunged out of the elevator at my husband when the doors opened and would have hit him in the crotch if he hadn't jumped back.
I answered the survey from Holiday Inn but no one called me back so I sent another email directly to corporate telling them of these issues and asking someone to contact me but no one has as of yet. I guess they don't care if Norman Bates is running the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank fostertravels_13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bend, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear fostertravels_13,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I apologize for the service you have received during your stay which is not up to your par. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Rest assured that I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The morning staff at the desk were very friendly!
The room was clean upon arrival and throughout my stay.
I enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Express properties for the great breakfast buffet options. However, the pancake maker was broken both mornings, so that was a bit of a bummer.
This location is on the north side of Bend, but it is in a fairly quiet spot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KRose333
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were tired after a long day of travel, walked in and were met by a very kind young man (whose dinner we interrupted). He gave us a great deal and even upgraded our room which was clean, spacious and quiet. Could not have had a better way to end a long day.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a deal, they'll give it to you rather than see you walk out the d...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

For a chain at a low price ($109), this place was a pretty good deal. Its too far from downtown to walk if that matters to you. Comfortable beds and clean, new looking rooms. Breakfast was quite good with a lot of choice. My only reason to not give 5 stars was that all the "dishware" at breakfast was styrofoam which is really bad for the environment and totally unnecessary. Paper plates would be just as good and would not end up as permanent landfill. A national chain should know better. Let your conscience be your guide on this.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stay in this hotel once to twice every year since it opened.. It is located on the very North end of town.. A nice quiet location. I always compare what I pay vs. location vs. room on my reviews. So, Bend isn't cheap to stay in. And neither is this Holiday Inn. But it is about average for this nice hotel in this nice town. My only problem is the PARKING. For those of us with ATV trailers. We like to park in front of hotel for safety. I always arrive early (3-330pm) to get a spot in front. But the hotel personnel are told to have us park in back. Little to no lighting with crackheads circling on bikes !! So as to allow people in auto's who CHOOSE to arrive later to have premium, front, safe parking ?? That is crazy. I CANNOT leave my open ATV trailer in that back lot !!!!!

Room Tip: Well, if you have a trailer and/or valuable items in your car. Get a room over looking your vehicle...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We spent two nights here and enjoyed it very much. Clean rooms, lovely pool and spa area, good breakfast and very reasonably priced. We had a room at the back and it was very quiet with a lovely view of the mountains. Skied at Mount Bachelor and will definitely stay here again as the drive to the mountain was okay, about a half hour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Title says it all. My wife and I spent 5 nights here and enjoyed the friendly staff, clean rooms and a hot breakfast that includes eggs, meat, warm cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy. Need I say more? Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple