“I'd pass.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Eugene, United States
“I'd pass.”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Breakfast always smelled burnt so I didn't eat there. Bathroom fans are loud enough to keep you awake in the next room. The evening counter lady was short and not very personable. I'd stay elsewhere if I had the choice but as it was for business I didn't have a choice. Value for the Dollar just isn't there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

tominbend, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bend, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback- we really appreciate your insight.

These items will be discussed during our all employee meeting this month, very helpful information to share with our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
LA GRANDE, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel was very nice, welcoming and comfortable. Also, it is within walking distance to downtown. My room was very cute, the only thing I disliked about my visit, was the wind outside my window was very loud, and kept me up a bit.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business and hope you will visit us soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My family spent five nights here in April. Overall, the hotel is very home-y. The pros: Great location; Heated indoor pool; Clean, efficient guest laundry (coin-operated washer/dryer); Complimentary bottled water in rooms and gym. The cons: very thin walls and windows! If someone is in the room one floor above you, you will hear every step. If the housekeeping staff is working in a room nearby, you will hear their steps in the hallway and the vacuum. And if you face the front of the hotel, you will hear every car door slam. The front desk staff was not particularly friendly, and I made the mistake of looking under our bed - yikes. It was a forest of used toothbrushes, miscellaneous food items, and dust balls. Other than under the bed, the room was clean, and the housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful.

If looking for a nicer hotel in the area, the Oxford Hotel is across the street. It is lovely, but their prices are considerably higher. If we returned to Bend just as adults, the Oxford would be our choice (no pool), but as a family, we would happily return to the DoubleTree.

Room Tip: On the second floor, you will hear footsteps if someone is in the room directly above you. Request a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much taking the time to share your experience with us.

I have discussed your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure improvement, our apology for the inconvenience.

We look forward to serving you in the future!
Eugene, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The room was nice, staff very friendly. Stayed at the Double Tree / Hilton on Franklin in Bend Oregon. I stayed Saturday night. When I went to book another reservation, same place for four days later and for two nights, the rate was $50 more per night. I would have hoped they could have at least honored my previous pricing. No special events are going on. My new reservation is for 04/24 and 04/25.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

tominbend, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bend, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Good Afternoon- thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention, we appreciate your business.

We strive to meet the needs of all of our guests, and understand the importance of having a reasonable rate. Rates due fluctuate based on availability and demand in the area, but don't typically increase that significantly. Without more information, I'm afraid I can't fully understand where the rate difference is based from. Did you by chance have a significantly discounted room rate previously? We are happy to help with future reservations, please let us know how we can assist.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I booked this DoubleTree because it is now a Hilton and for it's proximity to Bend Downtown. It is beautiful and has been upgraded in true Hilton style. There is a bar right in the lobby, WiFi and breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank BendKK
tominbend, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bend, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for chosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bend Oregon. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay! Please keep us in mind when you return to Bend.

Thanks again for your business
Corvallis, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Last week end my partner and I attended the Oregon Poetry Assoc conference in Bend and thoroughly enjoyed the stay and meeting at the Hilton there with helpful advice from the desk on finding Bend destiniations, comfortable bed and very clean room and dining facility. Well done, Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for chosing our hotel while you were here for your Poetry conference. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were in town for an event at the Tower Theatre. This was a wonderful location that allowed us to park and walk to downtown. Warm cookies at check-in. NIce small bar in lobby. Complimentary breakfast had nice selection. Recently updated, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and time in Bend. Happy to hear that you will be returning, we appreciate your business.