“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Newport, What a pleasant surprise. I was expecting kind of a Motel 6 kind of place and was delighted to find that it wasn't that way at all. The rooms are modern, spacious and comfy. There is a lovely pool area and continental breakfast..The Phoenix bar/restaurant is right next door and has great food. Worthy Brewing is across the street and has tasty beer. Oh. Did I mention the staff at Sleep Inn? Why, no I haven't and so let me do that now, Beth, the evening front desk clerk was delightful with her friendliness and sense of humor, We really enjoyed our interaction with her and wished that there were more Beth's in this world.
So in short, or I guess not so short, because I really do go on, a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed in the Sleep Inn in Bend Oregon for several nights in August 2013 while on vacation. The room was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was decent and the coffee good. The staff were super friendly, and very accommodating--much thanks, guys! We would happily stay there again upon a return visit, and would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed in the Sleep Inn for 3 nights , two prior to a backpacking trip and one night after. The Sleep Inn was in nice shape, and the lobby, breakfast area and our two different rooms were clean and in good condition. The desk folks were very friendly and helpful. What made me give this 5 stars rather than 4 was that the manager when above and beyond the call of duty to help us out - we were concerned about leaving our luggage in the car at the trail head for 6 days. The manager offered to store our luggage for 6 days in a locked room so we did not have to worry. Big help and greatly appreciated. Also right across the street from the Worthy Brew Pub in their new digs.
If you are looking for good, clean friendly accommodations at a reasonably price, I would definitely stay at the Bend Sleep Inn.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Don't let the fact that it's a Sleep Inn deter you from staying here. It's a newer hotel, and everything is in great shape. We had a double double room, while on the small side, was perfect for our needs.

Everyone was friendly from the front desk to the maids.

The hotel is about 3 miles from downtown Bend, but it is a striaght shot. In a one block radius there is: Whole Foods, Safeway, Starbucks, numerous restaurants, shopping, and a brewery.

The pool/spa was comfortable, and although it was hot out, not used very much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very spacious room and clean. Enjoyed the nice breakfast that was included. Pool was very nice too, but the hot tub did not have much pressure. Staff was very pleasant and overall the bed was comfortable. Went to the Brewery next door and enjoyed the food and beer selection.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Originally we had booked a room with Shilo Inns in Bend Oregon. Upon our arrival the room was filthy. We called Sleep Inn to see what they had available and they happen to have a room. The clerk at the front desk (Beth) was so friendly and more than competent, that we decided to stay 3 nights. Cleanliness is apparent from the moment you step out of your car. I am looking forward to our next stay at this property. No road noise, comfortable beds, easy drive to find hotel, very nice complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Upstairs room was quieter than the downstairs.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Upon arrival and checking into our room, I urinated into the toilet and flushed. The toilet was plugged and just about ran over. I went out to the front desk to report the problem and the desk clerk went around to the back and brought out a plunger and handed to me. I asked where the maintenance person was and was told he had gone home - this was between 3 and 3:30 in the afternoon. I said I was not clearing a toilet for a room I was paying $100/night for. The desk clerk told me that I could either plung the toilet myself or check-out. I asked to see the manager. Manager was not on premises and desk clerk refused to call her for me. She handed me the manager's card and told me to call myself from the room. I did, but the line continued to be busy. Husband came in from parking car and learned what happened. We both went back to front desk and demanded to speak with the manager. I saw a lobby phone and called the manager again. And guess what? The ring was going to the desk clerk. Desk clerk finally made my call go thru to manager - no answer but a message of the situation was left. Desk clerk started screaming for us to get out - that we were trespassing. I said we were not trespassing, we had already checked in. She said she was calling the police on us trespassers, however, husband already had them on the phone. To make a long story shorter, manger came, police came, and obviously we checked out and found another hotel with choice hotels help. I will never step foot in this hotel again! It was a very stressful situation at the time but looking back, it was a script right out of Saturday Night Live!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple