“Comfortable yet could improve”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Our room was on the 1st floor, and right beside the elevator, which we could hear whirring away late at night and early in the morning. The King Room was a little on the small side, and we were surprised to find no fridge or microwave in the room, We could hear a lot of foot traffic, and on one morning two of the employees were standing right outside our window smoking. However, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean which are the most important things.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor room, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frosty78

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our first stay at a Sleep Inn and we were favorably impressed. Although this inn is supposedly 12 years old, it seemed quite new since everything was in good working order, fresh and clean. Mind you the quality of the furnishings is pretty average but it wasn't tacky. Our room had 2 double beds and a comfortable easy chair so it was pretty fully of furniture, but we were only spending one night so that wasn't really a concern.
The receptionist explained that if we were in town for medical purposes (apparently there is a nearby hospital), there was a discount available. What a benevolent policy! She also gave us a good rundown on the nearby restaurants.
The rates include a continental breakfast with waffles, sausages & hard boiled eggs in addition to the usual. The day we were there the room was staffed by a capable & efficient woman.
I wish there were more of this type of lodging available worldwide for under $100.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank concordia39
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First time stay. I seem to be more satisfied than the last reviewer and we stay there on the same day. However my perspective is coming from one who had been camping with friends in eastern Oregon and trying to find a reasonably price hotel on the shoulder of Memorial day weekend. I found this newer hotel more than adequate and quite comfy after tent camping, and importantly, very reasonable. For one night at AAA rates, I paid 81.00 for a room with two doubles. It had everything I needed, including a comfortable bed, lots of light for reading in bed (fell asleep though.) Nice shower (no tub, but I only wanted a shower). Nice flat screen TV, a window that opens (I didn't turn on the air condition unit), clean room and bath. Complementary breakfast was very good, there was a pool and spa, but was not opening until the next day 3/24/13 Memorial weekend. No problem I had just soaked in Hart Mountain Hot Springs and nothing comes close to that. There is a new brew pub, Worthy Brewing, across that parking lot from the Sleep Inn, I had that grilled salmon with sauteed veggies and garlic mashed potatoes...$15.00. Excellent, and only 2 dollars more than the burger. Though I was only there overnight there are other amenities within walking distance, ie., other restaurants, Starbucks. The negatives, on the first floor you can hear foot traffic overhead, so go for the 2nd floor. Would I stay there again? Yes. Oh, and the complimentary chocolate chip cookies are tasty too!

Room Tip: Quietest rooms should be on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kyliedog
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Long drive from Salt Lake City places us in Bend, Or at 6:00pm both tired and hungry. We called the Sleep Inn as we neared the location and a room was available. We took the room and navigated to the facility.

Ok..the building looks new but kinda run down. Oh OK, you are renovating so I accept the mess. Oh OK..the bathroom toilet paper roller fell in the floor when I touched it..OK renovation. Oh OK..the air conditioner is not working at all..OK renovations. Oh Ok..the breakfast staff eats while customers wait for food to be put out.OK renovations ??

At some point we as customers realize that not everything is being renovated. It would appear to the simple customer that some of those items are maintenenace activities and staff training. Respect me and just tell me the truth and i will work with you.

Spend some time on enforcing smoking policy around doors and common areas. It is a health concern that customers look to the hotel staff to enforce proactively..not just when we make a request to correct a situation.

Customers base their lodging decisions not only on price but healthy environment enforcement.

There is nothing better for a customer than to have an affective listener to our comments. That keeps comments from becoming complaints.

We will try sleep Inn, Bend Or next trip through...July 2013. Thanks

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bydogsled
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I just spent five nights at the Sleep Inn in Bend. The place is wonderful. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. My back usually hurts but these beds supported my back very well and I work up free of pain.

The cont. breakfast each morning was very complete with a waffle iron for the best & tasty waffles. They also had eggs, oatmeal, cereal, sausage, donuts, bagels, yogurt fresh fruit and your choice of coffee, juice and or milk...what more do you need for a free breakfast? They even have fresh baked cookies each afternoon.

There is the newly opened Worthy Brewing Co built just across the street. This place is very nice....and big. They have really good food, too. I recommend the turkey sandwich on flatbread. Yum! No need to drive, it is just a short walk across the parking lot.

Also, in the immediate area, within walking distance is a Subway, Taco Bell, Starbuck, plus several sit down restaurants and shops. If you want to catch a movie the theater are just across High 20. So close. This is located is such a nice area with so many things so close to the motel.

This is also a perfect for folks who need to be near St. Charles. It is just a quick drive.

I LOVE this place. I will stay here again. I highly recommend you stay here if you will be in Bend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KimberMN
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms were very clean . Beds are not queens, they are doubles, but they didn't tell us that when reserving the room... usually I ask to make sure but it was a last minute reserv & forgot to ask. Free breakfast but didn't have time to check it out.

Room Tip: shower & commode had slider door. Nice to have vanity outside & separate from those areas.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at the Sleep Inn the rooms were clean and no smell of stale cigarette smoke beds were firm but comfortable, there is a continental breakfast and you can start the day with good food and coffee the staff friendly and helpful. Won't hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: April 2012