“Beds stiff as a board”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I read several reviews good and bad prior to booking for 2 nights. Decided to take a chance since it was in a good area. Ive never stayed at a sleep in but have stayed several other times with Choice hotels. The lobby and hallways have clearly been remodeled. The room was basic, nothing special. Towels were very thin. The bed was horrible. It was like sleeping on a board on the floor. Actually the floor might have been more comfortable. They should have saved some money for their beds during the remodel. I prob wouldn't stay here again or a sleep in due to this fact.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Runnergirl623
SleepGM97701, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

We appreciate your review and will be inviting you back with-in the year for your opinion of our total remodel...........we look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We travel to Bend, OR often but this time we decided to stay someplace new. The Sleep Inn on the east side of town in the Pilot Butte area was very nice. The room was large, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was good, even the coffee was decent. There are several restaurants within walking distance. Best of all, the price was very reasonable and the staff were very nice. A new favorite place in Bend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DAVID B
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Seattle and needed a place to stay on our way. The hotels by downtown and the old mill district are so expensive and we were only here one night. Found it on my iphone on the site. Good reviews and even better price 79.00. It is close to whole foods and other shopping. Walking distance which was nice. The room was small but nicely appointed.
Nice spa and pool. It was 96 do we used that right away! Towels provided st front desk. The front desk was very friendly. Breakfast was included 6-10am the usual fare waffles,bagels, yogurt,fruit, ext. Basic but just enough. Looking for a clean basic motel in bend check it out you wont be sorry. I am pretty picky so believe me when I say I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Quiet no matter where you are.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Beachmuse63
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We travel to Bend at least three times a year to take my wife to St. Charles. Every time we visit we stay at the Sleep Inn of Bend because of their medical rate.

The breakfast tastes wonderful now and we love the new look. The front desk worker told me that they will be starting to work on the rooms at the end of the year. We both look forward to seeing the rooms when they are done.

The hot tub jets were not working properly so hopefully they will get those taken care of. Besides the jets, the stay was excellent. We will definitely be back here for our next doctors appointment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob C
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Check-in was quick and friendly. The desk clerk tried to give us a room with a non-standard king bed (one that pulls from the wall, I think). Perhaps she is told to try to sell this one first to get rid of it. We said we would not take that room, so she gave us a standard room with king bed.

I have stayed in many Choice Hotels in the past. While the room was clean and in good condition, I can only give this inn a 3.5. There was a burn hole from a cigarette in our blanket, and we were in what was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The appearance of a burn hole cheapens the room. Also, my husband and I went out to try their hot tub. We took off the plastic solar cover and were greeted with disgusting, green water. I went inside to the front desk to tell the desk clerk, and he came out and looked at it with me. He agreed that it didn't look right. He advised us not to use the hot tub. My husband went into the pool, but I refrained.

Breakfast was fine. There was the usual supply of bagels, yogurt, coffee, etc.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Wife and I simply loved the Sleep Inn in Rapid City so when Marriott's Town Place turned out to be almost double the price of this hotel we gave it a try. We got a single, spare room for $97 plus 10% tax. No refrigerator, but a community one available to use on the first floor. Shower was good but the fan sounded like F-14 afterburners taking off an aircraft carrier. Beds were good but room space at a premium. Would I do this again? Yes.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it was fine, this time not so good. Although the rooms were clean the ac units in three of the four rooms didn't work a little maintenance goes a long way.

Room Tip: Check the ac
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple