“Nice Hotel”

TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Towneplace suites in Bend is a decent place to stay while in town. For the price of a regular room you can get a studio with a kitchen. Good for those that don't want to eat out. The mattress was of the good quality you would expect from the Marriot chain. Also clean and away from the main roads so it was nice and quiet. The gentleman at the front desk was wonderful. A real fun outgoing guy. They had free internet in the lobby which I used to check out area restaurants for dinner. If you want a nice restaurant while in Bend to try Ariana about a mile away from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jeffbl88
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear jeffbl88,
I was truly pleased to see your comments regarding your most recent stay at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. I am glad you appreciate the amenities we offer including the in-room, full service kitchen and complimentary WiFi as well as our convenient location. We're happy to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and your room to be reasonably priced, clean and comfortable.

We are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The property is clean, cheery & the front desk people were very friendly and helpful. A pleasant courtyard with pool, spa , picnic tables and grill for guest use. The location is fairly close to The Old Mill district. The pancake restaurant is across the parking lot.. for those who bring their bikes or want to walk , a good area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank marijd406
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your wonderful experience at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. I am glad you appreciate the cleanliness of our rooms and our close proximity to the Old Mill as well as our pool and picnic tables available for guest use. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I travel often on business, and have developed a list of favorite ( and not-so-favorite) hotels in multiple cities. TownePlace Suites in Bend is by far my favorite in Bend.
Clean and well-kept, the room arrangements meet my needs, whether I am traveling alone, or with my family of 4 and dog.
The full kitchens, good sized exercise room, and heated pool offer convenience and comfort, and the professional staff recognize me and make the effort to say hello.
The front office manager Kimberly, and the sales manager Ashley, have been particularly helpful and are always looking to make sure I have a nice stay.
I'll keep coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank John P
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear John,
I was excited to read your comments regarding your wonderful experience at the TownePlace Suites, in Bend. I am glad you appreciate the amenities we offer including our fully-equipped in-room kitchens and heated pool. Thank you for mentioning our friendly and personal service and I will definitely share your comments with our staff, particularly Kimberly and Ashley. Looking forward to your next visit and thank you for your business and loyalty to the TownePlace Suites.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Our third stay here. Pet friendly is a starting point for us. We have got the location figured out so no problem there. Staff always friendly. Very comfortable suite on 2nd floor - everything you need to do a simple meal.. Easy dog walking places. Excellent Safeway just down the street. Breakfast is not fancy but very tidy and fresh - works for us. Seating a bit scarce at times. Overall a great place to stay in Bend. Will probably be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justakiwi
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the pet-friendly TownePlace Suites in Bend. I am excited that you appreciate our great location and all the amenities we offer including our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for your business and we eagerly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Newer, well maintained, but walls are extremely thin - stayed on the backside of the hotel, which borders a busy surface road, and could hear every car go by....also could hear everything in the next room. Same odd layout as all TownePlace Suites, narrow entry hall wiht mini-kitchen, open area with TV in a place where it cannot be watched well from any angle. Rooms were clean, bed was OK, bathroom sink area very small, desk area was huge, and good for business people.
Breakfast was indeed continental - only hot items were oatmeal and make your own waffles. Nice hotel, but noise factor will cause me to stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: stay on the front side of the hotel to avoid road noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BizTravelerPhoenix
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was great other than the staff , the location was also a plus as the safeway is right down the road and it's less than 5 miles from where I needed to go. Staff didn't seem unfriendly...but fake. Room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Dave M.,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. I am glad you appreciate the cleanliness of our rooms and the great location of our hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stay at this hotel for business a couple times a year. I love this hotel because it is quiet and clean and their staff is always professional and friendly. It is walking distance to a Pub as well as a pancake house as well. You will not be disappointed.

The rooms are very clean and have kitchens. So bring your popcorn and snacks with you and you can cut down on costs that way as well. The price of this hotel is also great value.

I had the room directly behind the front desk once and I was afraid I would hear a lot of noise. I think they must have double insulated that room because it was quieter than any of the other rooms I have had. I will request it for sure again!

The wireless works fantastic as well. The only improvement I would make would be to move the microwave in the breakfast area up onto a counter. Having it in that coffee station on a bottom shelf is not convenient in the morning at all and very awkward.

You will not be disappointed with this hotel

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to get the room behind the lobby desk. it is very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our local brewery and other attractions near our hotel at the Old Mill District. We will be more than happy to try to block the room immediately behind our back office for your next visit and will relocate the microwave on the breakfast counter. Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Yours truly,