“A Very Good Experience 2 Years In A Row! (clean & comfortable)”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 44 Hotels in Bend
San Diego, California
“A Very Good Experience 2 Years In A Row! (clean & comfortable)”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have chosen this Quality Inn in Bend, Oregon for the second year in a row. Both times we had an excellent experience. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast selection was the best of any Quality Inn we have ever stayed at (and we have stayed in quite a few). I intend to choose this hotel again the next time we are in town. I have read several of the negative reviews and I must say that we did not encounter any of the listed problems. The staff was friendly and immediately available when we showed up near midnight. We were checked in quickly. The next morning the breakfast was hot and fresh. When it came time to check out, that was done efficiently as well. We have no complaints about this place and hope this review can help diffuse some of the other negative criticisms. Again, this is our favorite Quality Inn, and the best we have stayed at. -Chris and Family from San Diego, CA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris A
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We're glad to provide you and your family with a clean and comfortable home-away-from-home when you visit Bend, Chris. Thanks for taking the time to get on Yelp and defend our reputation — we truly appreciate the support. It's been our pleasure to accommodate you all for the past two visits, and we look forward to many more in the future!

Deepak, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oregon
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Where to begin. The front desk man was rude upon check in. On the first morning the front desk staff had managed to check us out even though we were there three nights. The bath towel was see through. The food was cold and sparse, the lady who had to fill the breakfast items ran the front desk so things were lacking and cold. The toliet in the room overflowed and we were told to just use the one down the hall until we checked out. I would not recommend this to anyone as this is the tip of the iceberg. Sad but true.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
It's terribly disheartening to hear how disappointed you were with your stay--it sounds like we really got off on the wrong foot. We want to provide every guest with the necessary amenities and service to enjoy a relaxing stay, because we know you come to us expecting just that.

I will bring your feedback to the team. I'm sorry that we let you down like this, but we will use your candor to improve.

When we are performing our best, I firmly believe that the quality we have to offer coupled with our extremely low prices makes us one of the best, if not the best, option in the area. I'm sorry if you had such a bad experience, but we'd love to get another chance to impress you if you're ever back in Bend.

Deepak, Owner

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Well where do I begin, this is the crudes, unsanitary, rudest owner/manager of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Just a few problems over the 6 night say. I tried to find another facility however, everything was booked.
1. Mold on the wall under the loose wallpaper in the bathroom (nothing was done about this)
2. Mold on the shower curtain (was replaced that afternoon)
3. When shower head was replaced the pipe neck from wall was left really loose ready to come out of wall. (was tightened the next day)
4. Base boards coming off wall.
5. Electrical sockets were not working. Could not use curling iron / shaver, ect. Unless we unplugged on of the lamps. (never addressed)
6.2-3 times a day we would have to have our key cards reprogrammed - they said it was because we kept them with cells or next to other cards - I doubt that my pants pocket would classify.
Breakfast: did not have items to eat that I felt safe eating: (went out every morning)
And concerned that the yogurt was poured into a steel bowl with a spoon for everyone’s use and so was the Fresh fruit – not- was a from a can of mandarin oranges in a bowl with spoon - uncovered – instead of individual servings. Limited on breads and no muffins, or English muffins, waffle batter was left open in prepared paper cups – not refrigerated.

Room Tip: Just don't go there. The couple we traveled with had additional problems from ours.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear how upset you were with our service and accommodations. We never meant to treat you in a rude manner. Customer service comes before all else, as we strive to provide you with kind and professional service.

As for the "health standards" you mention, you have my word that we are always attentive to cleanliness, and would never allow anything to get to the point of endangering the health of our guests. We're here to do what's best for you, and if you stay with us again I'm sure you will see that what we have to offer, at such a low price, is second to none in the area. Take care.

San Jose, California
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Came here on a business trip and expected a generally comfortable stay. When I arrived no one was working the front desk and had to wait ten minutes before a man showed up to check me in. Turns out the woman that should have been there was hiding in a room behind the front desk. Even after saying HELLO numerous times nobody came.

Also, needing wifi to take care of work, the front desk forgot to give me the wifi passcode. I tried to call it with the room phone and the entire phone was disconnected on both ends to the wall. After getting the code I tried multiple times to connect to the wifi network but it just didn't work. I moved around in the second floor hallway (which smelled horrible ) and got a decent signal , only to find that the speed was basically slower than a 56k modem speed.

Also could hear half of everything going on in the room next to mine. Walls are thin or the door is too thin. Bathroom had one single light and felt very dim and cramped.

Lady at the front desk was unfriendly upon checkout. Breakfast was not good, even for quality inn standards. Will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I'm sorry to hear how displeased you were with your stay. We always want what's best for those who stay with us, and that starts with quality customer service. Having said that, I can assure you that our staff member would not "hide" behind the front desk. I'm not sure why you thought she was, but please understand that we would not treat our guests in this way.

As for the rest of your stay, we are always doing what we can to accommodate your needs. We're confident that what we have to offer at such a low price makes us an ideal place to stay in the beautiful town of Bend. I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This place has potential, but our stay wasn't so friendly. The front desk staff was cold and unfriendly. The breakfast seemed like they were cutting corners to save money (Danishes cut in half, eggs in crockpot, etc.). The owner's wife was running the breakfast and the front desk at the same time, so I had to wait for about 30 mins to checkout while she did dishes. They need more help on staff.

• Stayed July 2013
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We're always working to improve, so your feedback is very important to us. We are short staffed at the moment and have been working hard with the resources we have. I apologize if this inconvenienced you and I hope you give us another chance sometime soon.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is horrible. The shower curtain had black stuff in the bottom corners. I went down for breakfast and the eggs were gone, as well as the sausage. The desk clerk was reading the paper rather than cleaning tables and replenishing food. I need internet access for business. When I had a signal, it was very weak. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob B
I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your stay, Bob. We fully believe that what we have to offer, at such a low price, is second to none in the area. Having said that, I'm very surprised and sorry to hear that there was "black stuff" on your shower curtain. I plan on looking into this, and doing what it takes to ensure that this isn't happening.

As for our breakfast, again, we offer a free breakfast, so I hope you understand that we will run out and be unable to "replenish" the food at a certain point.

We are always working to improve, so thank you for the feedback. I hope you will reconsider your decision to stay with us again next time you are in beautiful Bend. I know we can show you a relaxing, enjoyable time.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Our family of six stayed one night in July 2013 while passing thru Oregon. We had reserved a suite the was a nice room with separate bedroom but only one bathroom. The room was well maintained and we had no issues with the room. Check in was seamless and fast. The hot tub temperature could have been hotter but was OK. The location was easy to find and far enough off the highway that noise was not an issue. Breakfast was a full hot or cold with lots of choices, the seating area is rather small and one individual took up a whole table of four while reading his morning paper, how rude. The lady at the front desk looked a bit overwhelmed with work during checkout. All in all it was a good night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for sharing, Brent. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. Providing you with everything necessary to have a great, relaxing vacation is what we're all about. I plan on sharing this with the team! We hope to welcome you back to beautiful Bend again sometime soon.