“Room rates are good at this Courtyard”

Courtyard Portland Beaverton
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Most Courtyard by Marriott hotels are very similar--24-hr fitness center, complimentary parking, complimentary internet, location in a suburban area, new "bistro" and modern lobby concept--and this one feels very much like those other Courtyards.

Pros: Very reasonable room rate for Marriott brand hotels in the area, very friendly staff.

Cons: Located in a nice area but a little far from Portland (a good 15-minute drive), rooms are a little outdated, fitness center has one less machine than most Courtyards and one of the exercise stations was old, located next to train tracks (it did not bother me, but I imagine it would definitely bother some).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for spending the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Beaverton Courtyard.

We hope that you will stay with us again should your travel plans bring you back to the Northwest.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here for business last week. The lobby has been upgraded and the bistro was standard fare. The biggest disappointment is they no longer have coffee service in the lobby. I always thought this was one of the best things about a Courtyard.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Over the years we've stayed at this property a number of times. Marriott has updated the Courtyard brand to include a bistro food service. The availability of Starbucks coffee drinks, wine, snacks and quick breakfasts is a real plus. The computers in the business center are fast and easy to access. The beds are comfortable.
The only real downside is the proximity to the railroad tracks and the trains run fairly frequently, blowing the horn at the nearby intersection.

Room Tip: The interior rooms face the courtyard, but are closer to the train tracks. The rooms that face the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I liked this facility and my room had great amenities. It was clean, airy, and pleasant.
The trouble was there is a commuter train track right in back of the property and my room was on that side. Every hour a train came by and blew its whistle. My sleep was disturbed each time. There was not enough sound insulation to muffle the noise.
I asked for another room as soon as I realized the problem, but there were no other rooms available. I asked for a price reduction (I was paying the top rate), but they were not able to flex on the rate.
All in all, I will avoid this property in the future even though it is very convenient for me.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room on the back parking lot. That's were the train track is located.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diane D
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your time to write this review regarding your stay with us in May 2013.
I am sorry that you experienced the amount of noise that you indicated on your review.
If your travel plans bring you back to the Beaverton area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a better experience with us than your previous stay.

Hoping to make things better the next time.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've been coming here on business for a few years, and the new lobby space looks great. Very fresh, current and inviting. Much better than the old lobby. Check in was lightning fast. We were in our room in a flash which we appreciated because we were exhausted. Nice fluffy towels. Love the free wifi. This location is right next to a FedEx/Kinko's--very convenient for business. Also located next to einstein bagels and Starbucks. Large upscale mall is right across the highway with several restaurants, also grocery store close by. Very affordable for a good quality business hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words about your experience at the Beaverton Courtyard by Marriott. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here for ~two weeks in February and a week in March of this year. I typically stay at the Portland Courtyard Convention Center, but I opted to try the Beaverton location my last two stays in Portland mainly because of the lower Marriott Rewards redemption rates (10K pts/night here vs 20K per night at the Convention Center) and also the FREE parking.

My stays here were very good. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable, and extra pillows were provided as requested. On my second stay, the desk chair was quite low relative to the desk height, and the front desk had the chair replaced within 10 minutes of my request.

I stayed in rooms 320 (in the wing away from the light rail but facing the courtyard) and 321 (also in the wing away from the light rail but facing away from the light rail direction). Though other reviewers have commented on the noise from the train, I didn't find it a nuisance myself. I could hear the train in rm 320, but it was not overwhelming to me. In 321 I don't recall that I noticed the train at all.

In terms of convenience, the Washington Square mall is a 5 minute drive, and there are many places to eat very near the hotel including (if you don't want to drive) a Subway, a Starbucks, a Mexican restaurant, a Gourmet Pizza place, and a Panda Express just across the parking lot on the backside of the hotel.

Having lived in Portland before in close-in NE not far from the Convention Center, I am still partial to the Convention Center Courtyard (for location only), but if don't mind being a 15 minute drive from downtown and/or are looking for lower nightly rates, lower redemption point rates, and free parking, this is a very good and comfortable alternative.

Room Tip: I didn't notice it myself, but as other reviewers have noted regarding noise from the light rail...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit in the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I only rated this hotel a little low because the room I had was directly across from some train depot or station so I got here it at 11 pm and again 6 am on. I asked to switch rooms but they were booked up. Other than the room location it's a nice hotel with typical marriot amenities. I recommend the hotel just be careful what room they put you in.

• Stayed: March 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites Beaverton - Portland West
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton

Been to Courtyard Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!