“Comfortable room,close to amenities and highway”

Courtyard Portland Beaverton
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Delta, Canada
“Comfortable room,close to amenities and highway”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for a softball tournament so needless to say the halls were alive with squealing girls at times. The lobby boasts a huge interactive TV with customizable news and weather and directions to stores,restaurants and services, a very useful tool for travellers. Comfortable beds and great water pressure in the shower.Mini fridge in room.Excellent staff.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Huntington Beach
Reviewed June 9, 2012

It's amazing to me how a hotel chain can go on and ON about how fantastic their remodeled lobbys are. Hey, no offense, but I'm not sleeping in your lobby. I use the lobby to check in, and then I'll really never see it again. That being said, the Courtyard in Beaverton has a very nice lobby.

The rooms however are in need of remodel. They're fine for a business stay (I arrived late and left early). The rooms are clean and the bed was fine. It just feels like you're staying in someplace that time forgot. Old carpet, old wallpaper. Blah.

A big plus for this hotel is the strip mall next door that has a Starbuck's and an Einstein Bagel. Excellent for getting your morning started (and yes...you can eat in the fancy Bistro in the Courtyard lobby...but again...I'm not a lobby kind of guy).

I'd stay here again....with hopes that they hurry up and remodel the rooms. It's very convenient to the businesses I visit when I'm in the Portland area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HBsteve
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The lobby has been remodeled and is very nice. It's a convenient location to I-5 and the Washington Square Mall. My room was fine, but it had a connecting door to another room and the people next door were loud talkers. The bathroom was fine. TV and desk are nice.

I went down to breakfast and was surprised that it wasn't free as many other hotels now offer. In addition, you had to wait in line to order and cash out and then they gave you a number to wait at your table to bring it out. The menu was very limited and only one cashier and one cook, so it took about 10 minutes to get through (at 7:15am). I didn't have much time before I had to leave so I just grabbed a yogurt parfait, a cup of strawberries and asked for one of the prepackaged cereal bowls so nothing had to be cooked, and he still gave me a number for the cereal and milk. I sat and started eating my yogurt and about 10 minutes later a manager walked by to ask me what I was waiting on and I told her cereal and she looked a little embarrassed. About 5 minutes later she brought it out and apologizes for my wait. This just seems like a very inefficient process...to make you wait in a line just to buy the premade stuff. I know they're trying to provide a hot breakfast, but the choices are limited anyways. I'd rather have the normal bagels, cereal, toast and let me make it on my own.

The light rail line goes directly behind this hotel and in the morning the train horn blared about every 10 minutes. I had to be up early anyway, but if I had been trying to sleep in, I would have been very frustrated.

For $139 a night, there are places I would rather stay next time. That's high compared to even other Marriotts in Portland. I've stayed in 3-4 Marriotts in Oregon in the last two weeks and this was the worst one overall.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our new lobby renovation. I apologize for the inconvenience and wait you experienced in our new Bistro. As we learn how to operate our new restaurant it is important for us to receive this valuable feedback. I will share this with my team so we can look at our processes and how we can improve of speed of service.

If I can ever be of assistance with
reservations do not hesitate to contact me directly at 503-641-3200 ext. 601. I will personally ensure that you are properly cared for and receive the level of service that Marriott is known to provide.

Tracy Reynolds
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you need a safe, clean, comfortable place to stay and you do not care about fancy amenities, this is a good choice. The water pressure in the shower is great, for those of you who care about such things, as I do. The hotel is situated next door to a good Starbuck's and Einstein Bagel location, so that is very convenient, too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I'm a fan of Courtyards generally, and I think the remodeling they are doing to all the reception areas is great - they are creating a nice space to sit in and have a drink/coffee and it's a good move.

However, the work at the Beaverton Courtyard is currently being done, and while the noise from construction is minimal, I don't think a new reception is going to help the place.

The problem is, the walls a paper thin. The first night of my stay was OK as there was nobody in the room next to me, but the second was terrible. I don't think he had his TV on especially loud, but I could hear each program clearly. Then when he was on the phone, I could actually hear the voice of the person on the other end of the line - that's how bad the sound suppression is between rooms. It was all compounded by the fact that my room was close to the entrance to the swimming pool, and a lot of people were going back and forth. Really, I'd say you are never going to get a good nights sleep in this hotel.

I was further annoyed by the lack of an exercise room. I only book hotels with workout equipment since I like to exercise every day, so I checked this one on the Marriott website before I booked, and it had one. Actually what it has is an exercise room that was closed. I understand that things need to change when construction is going on, but the Marriott website said nothing of the construction, and didn't show that there wasn't going to be exercise equipment available. Had I known, I would not have stayed there, and I believe Marriott have been dishonest in saying one thing on their website when the reality is different.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel and you will stand more chance of getting a good room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Johnson,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor to share concerns from your recent stay here at the Beaverton Courtyard. Because of the nature of the hospitality industry it is essential that we be aware of how our guests are feeling. Therefore, I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and insights, which ultimately help us, do our job better.

Our goal is to lessen guest inconvenience due to the renovation and we have been sending out pre-arrival emails about the renovation. Our fitness center will reopen on April 19th and while the fitness center is out of service we are offering free passes to a local gym. Our renovation will be complete on May 5th.

Customer service is our number one concern at the Beaverton Courtyard. If you would like to discuss the matter further I can contacted directly at 503-641-3200 ext. 601.

Tracy Reynolds
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I'm a fan of the new Courtyard remodels. And this property will be a lot better when the remodel that just started is finished. But until then, it's not only extremely old and tired there is a lot of construction going on. The staff are trying to make a go of it, but I'd suggest you just stay elsewhere for now. Unless you're nostalgic for trains, and then the one that runs just back of the property will interest you.

Better days ahead for this property!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side opposite the train - it's not quiet but it is better when Old #9 roll...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank brewski59
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your time to write this review regarding your stay with us in July 2013. I am sorry that you experienced the amount of noise that you indicated on your review.
If your travel plans bring you back to the Beaverton area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a better experience with us than your previous stay.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Breakfast was delicious, hotel near the mall, and the beds were the most comfortable!!!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the train tracks
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin B
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your comments on to the staff. I hope you will choose the Beaverton Courtyard by Marriott if you are ever in the area again. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#4 of 12 in Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard

Been to Courtyard Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!