“Good for business traveler”

Courtyard Portland Beaverton
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Los Angeles, California
“Good for business traveler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you need a safe, clean, comfortable place to stay and you do not care about fancy amenities, this is a good choice. The water pressure in the shower is great, for those of you who care about such things, as I do. The hotel is situated next door to a good Starbuck's and Einstein Bagel location, so that is very convenient, too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I'm a fan of Courtyards generally, and I think the remodeling they are doing to all the reception areas is great - they are creating a nice space to sit in and have a drink/coffee and it's a good move.

However, the work at the Beaverton Courtyard is currently being done, and while the noise from construction is minimal, I don't think a new reception is going to help the place.

The problem is, the walls a paper thin. The first night of my stay was OK as there was nobody in the room next to me, but the second was terrible. I don't think he had his TV on especially loud, but I could hear each program clearly. Then when he was on the phone, I could actually hear the voice of the person on the other end of the line - that's how bad the sound suppression is between rooms. It was all compounded by the fact that my room was close to the entrance to the swimming pool, and a lot of people were going back and forth. Really, I'd say you are never going to get a good nights sleep in this hotel.

I was further annoyed by the lack of an exercise room. I only book hotels with workout equipment since I like to exercise every day, so I checked this one on the Marriott website before I booked, and it had one. Actually what it has is an exercise room that was closed. I understand that things need to change when construction is going on, but the Marriott website said nothing of the construction, and didn't show that there wasn't going to be exercise equipment available. Had I known, I would not have stayed there, and I believe Marriott have been dishonest in saying one thing on their website when the reality is different.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel and you will stand more chance of getting a good room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Johnson,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor to share concerns from your recent stay here at the Beaverton Courtyard. Because of the nature of the hospitality industry it is essential that we be aware of how our guests are feeling. Therefore, I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and insights, which ultimately help us, do our job better.

Our goal is to lessen guest inconvenience due to the renovation and we have been sending out pre-arrival emails about the renovation. Our fitness center will reopen on April 19th and while the fitness center is out of service we are offering free passes to a local gym. Our renovation will be complete on May 5th.

Customer service is our number one concern at the Beaverton Courtyard. If you would like to discuss the matter further I can contacted directly at 503-641-3200 ext. 601.

Tracy Reynolds
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I'm a fan of the new Courtyard remodels. And this property will be a lot better when the remodel that just started is finished. But until then, it's not only extremely old and tired there is a lot of construction going on. The staff are trying to make a go of it, but I'd suggest you just stay elsewhere for now. Unless you're nostalgic for trains, and then the one that runs just back of the property will interest you.

Better days ahead for this property!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side opposite the train - it's not quiet but it is better when Old #9 roll...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank brewski59
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your time to write this review regarding your stay with us in July 2013. I am sorry that you experienced the amount of noise that you indicated on your review.
If your travel plans bring you back to the Beaverton area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a better experience with us than your previous stay.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Breakfast was delicious, hotel near the mall, and the beds were the most comfortable!!!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the train tracks
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin B
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your comments on to the staff. I hope you will choose the Beaverton Courtyard by Marriott if you are ever in the area again. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I was just recently at this Marriott and I had a great experience. The front desk was ready with our room key/reservation and we had a king bed room on the 3rd floor. It was clean, spacious, not outdated like another reviewer said, and was in a very convenient location. TV was big and could be watched from the bed or swiveled to face a big chair.

There is a fridge in the room and a good sized desk with internet cable, plus a chair that folds out into a single bed. The bathroom sink area is separate from the toilet and the bath. I like that so I can brush my teeth while someone is showering. The bath is low- not great for taking a tub but fine for someone worried about stepping in. The shower head his tall enough for tall people, the curtain rod is the bowed out kind to give more elbow room and they provided a real hair dryer (hidden in the closet) not the kind attached to the wall. Bars of soap (not the wall dispenser gel junk) were provided as was shampoo/ conditioner and lotion.

I made our reservation WITH breakfast ($10.95/ person if purchased separately) and the options were fresh and plentiful. Eggs, bacon, potatoes, thick oatmeal, FRESH CUT FRUIT (4 kinds), mini muffins (looked fresh baked not prepackaged) strong coffee and some juices. Not a complete menu but what I remember. Lobby/breakfast area was big and had comfortable chairs. A business center with a couple of computers was located just off the lobby area too. Additionally located off this lobby and off the breakfast area was an area for relaxing. MAybe an overflow seating? But it had a fireplace (gas?) along the wall, was a step down into it and looked very cozy.

Our room faced the courtyard and I could see the pool and hot tub area...looked clean.

Towels were clean and fluffy and soft. Big enough for a full sized body too.

Location was a plus as well. We were blocks from Washington Square Mall, walking distance ( perhaps 300-400yards) to a Noah's bagel place AND a Starbucks coffee shop. Easy to find the highway and we had no hint of a train. The ONLY down side I found was that the mattress cover was too small for the bed and pulled up way too easily. I fought with it a couple of times prior to falling asleep while we were watching TV.

I choose my ratings based on friendliness and efficiency of the staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and comfort of the bed, cost and location. I would stay here again. Well worth the value.

Room Tip: We were very happy on the 3rd floor facing the courtyard. Close to the elevator and a side entrance...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank NifT33
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your honest feedback. I will share all your kind words with the staff. If you are even in the area again I hope you choose the Beaverton Courtyard as your home away from home. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have never had a worse experience with a hotel. We reserved a block of rooms for my wedding with this marriot and another marriot in a different part of town. I made a reservation specifically for my little brother, who was coming to the wedding but couldn't pay to stay in a hotel, so I had planned on taking care of it, and I thought I had done it by making the reservation and giving them my credit card to use. 4 hours before my wedding, I get a frantic call from my brother who is trying to check into the hotel to find that the lady at the front desk would not let them check in under my reservation and that she was going to make him pay. I then called the marriot central line to figure the whole thing out. I gave my credit card information again, I was assured that it was taken care of etc. Then the morning after my wedding I spend 45 minutes on the phone with the hotel itself, and customer service because the hotel had decided that it is common practice to not charge credit cards over the phone. I find this a bit surprising since I run my own business and take phone charges ALL OF THE TIME. And for a lot more than 90 dollars. I can't even express how unprofessional the manager at the hotel was, or how extremely unhelpful "customer service" was in aiding me to get this simple problem resolved. I felt that they were being deceptive and discriminatory. I feel that they singled my brother out because he looks a certain way and decided that because of that they would treat my credit card as suspect. So if you look like an average white white collar worker, this hotel will probably treat you just fine, but if you look a little different they will probably treat you and all connected with you like criminals.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Hi Justine -

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are happy that you chose us to host your guests for your wedding. However, I am sorry to hear you feel your interaction with us was not satisfactory. In order to protect the security and privacy of our guests, it is always Marriott's policy to only accept credit card payments when the guest can present a valid card upon check-in or check-out. While we would have liked to accommodate your request to take the card number over the phone, we do have to follow our company's policy. I understand you spoke with our guest relations department regarding this issue and they explained our policy to you as well. Also, please know that we never discriminate and always treat every guest with the utmost respect regardless of their race, sex, religion or any belief. If you feel that you would like to continue this discussion, please feel free to reach out to me personally at the hotel. I can be reached at 503-641-3200.

Tracy Reynolds
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

There were several issues that I came across. Overall, the hotel is outdated with nothing great about it. Rooms were outdated, old and average at best.

There is a train next to the hotel that ran like clock work throughout the night. There were four people I was traveling with and we all barely slept and if we did finally fall asleep, we were startled awake by the train horn and loud rumbling.

I called for room service and they explained that they don't offer room service but asked what I was looking for. When I told them what I was looking for, they said no problem. I asked how long it would take and they told me 10 minutes. I got in the shower, missed a phone call and my room service never showed up. I asked the front desk and they rudely said that they couldn't offer that because of how busy they were and she was supposed to call me but couldn't get a hold of me. I found that the staff was unpleasant, rude and didn't provide me with the correct information.

Breakfast was SO over priced for someone with special dietary needs and the hotel wasn't conducive to anything outside of their buffet.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#6 of 12 in Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton

Been to Courtyard Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!