“Love those German pancakes”

Elmer's Restaurant - Cornell Oaks
Ranked #20 of 390 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Beaverton, Oregon
“Love those German pancakes”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I belong to a small group of people who get together once a month for brunch. We always go to Elmer's because we love their German pancakes. The portion is so large that my elderly mother and I can split one serving. I can only comment on breakfast items because that's the only time I've been there. The management and service is very attentive, and, of course, the food is very good. The drawback is we go on Sunday mornings which has got to be their busiest time so there's usually a wait. If you get chilly easily, don't sit by the windows. The air-conditioning is right above all those booths. However, they bend over backwards to accommodate our group which is greatly appreciated. I think it's the best place for breakfast in Beaverton.

• Visited February 2014

Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“Great Bacon!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

With iHop just around the corner you wouldn't think there would be room for another restaurant that specializes in breakfast foods but this place is great. Their bacon is way better than that which they serve in iHop and they have delicious choices on their menu. I have yet to try their other meal options because their breakfasts are so darned good. Great atmosphere, great food, friendly service. Lovely place.

• Visited December 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
“Good service, free wi-fi”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having driven around for about 30 minutes looking for a restaurant to get pancakes at, I found Elmer's at Cornell Oaks, just off Hwy 26. A friendly greeting, no waiting line, and choice of seating (I selected a window booth) was welcoming. With free wi-fi as a benefit, I settled in to a good breakfast. I will be back.

• Visited November 2013
Cannon Beach, Oregon
“Real nice service”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food is decent, not fancy, but not bad either. My burger was delicious, fries weren't too greasy like some can be, the lady with me liked her meal also.

For us, the critical aspect was the great customer service. We weren't able to arrive until around 9:50 pm, when they were closing at 10 pm. I apologized to the host/waiter for our late entrance (reservation not required), & told him to feel free to turn us away since it was so close to closing. He couldn't have been nicer. He said it was no problem at all, most would be staying a little longer to clean up anyway. He came just short of giving me an ottoman to put my feet up : ) You have to love good customer service like that.

Visited August 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Good food”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

While in the Beaverton area I ate there a few times. The food is basic restaurant fare and no big surprises. The food was good, the service was decent and the prices about average. The staff was also good and even the manager come over and talked with us.

Enjoyed eating there especially since it was close to the hotel we were staying at and didn't want to pay hotel prices for food.

• Visited September 2013