“Consistent Quality and Value, Friendly Service”
Review of Mio Sushi

Mio Sushi
Ranked #71 of 390 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Portland, Oregon
“Consistent Quality and Value, Friendly Service”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I’m a sushi lover who eats at various restaurants and takeout 3-4 times a month. I’ve done this for more than 5 years, and in 3 countries –including Japan, so I have a pretty good sense of what fresh fish and well-made nigiri, sashimi, and rolls should look and taste like.

Since moving to S Portland in March 2014 I gotten takeout from Mio in Beaverton 9-10 times and have been very pleased with the freshness and quality of their rolls, nigiri, and sashimi. I’ve also tried several other Japanese and Sushi restaurants across the Portland metro area (Bamboo <good, but outrageously expensive>, Sushi Land Marinepolis <fair, but inexpensive>, Ginzaya <awful and expensive>, etc.), and consider Mio my "go-to" when I crave fresh fish, quality rolls, and friendly service.

Pros: seafood is always clean tasting and has a good texture --no fishy odor, freezer burn or watery texture from sitting in the cooler too long; rolls are tasty, creative, well-made, and each is priced perfectly based on ingredients and size; sashimi platters are generous and offer good variety without cheap fillers, like small, flavorless shrimp; their rice is never overcooked and sticks together; servers are knowledgeable and friendly; restaurant is very clean throughout and they have a nice patio dining area.

Cons: none that I've found to date.

While Mio isn't the sexiest or trendiest sushi bar in Portland or Beaverton, I'd be happy to take even my most picky sushi eating relatives and friends here for dinner. Their chefs and wait staff consistently deliver good quality food at reasonable prices. Highly recommended!.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
West Linn, OR
“Best sushi in town!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

LOVE these guys. Consistent quality, service, atmosphere. Been to the one in Portland too a few times, and same thing. Looking forward to trying the other locations. So great to be able to count on a place over and over again, unlike so many other restaurants in this city.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JoshBar
Portland, Oregon
“Extremely poor service. Many excuses.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My two kids, husband and I arrived at 6:30pm, when the restaurant was less than half-filled. We were there to celebrate my husband's new job. We placed our orders and watched the restaurant fill. It definitely became busy but our orders were in (supposedly). 60 minutes later, we received 2/3 of our sushi order. 80 minutes later, we were still waiting for my 6 year old's bento box. We asked politely for her bento and my bowl of udon, and two minutes later received the last of our sushi order. Kid's bento was coming! Any second now! Udon coming too! By 8:00pm our 6 year old was extremely hungry, trying hard to hold it all together waiting. We politely asked again, and with many excuses we were told (again) it was "on the way". Meanwhile there was no sign of my udon bowl, except at the table next to us which was seated 25 minutes after us. Finally my 6 year old's bento was delivered. At this point she was too hungry to eat, crying with frustration. We asked for the check because clearly it was time to leave. We also cancelled my udon bowl. 120 minutes after ordering, our waitress brought out my udon, along with our check, claiming "here it is, ready to eat!". I turned it down because I'd already canceled it and we were leaving. She had absolutely no clue. The entire experience was so disappointing. The staff could not have cared less, but were quick with many excuses. It was ridiculous, and I felt so sad. We were just trying to have a good time and a good meal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shewho L
“We LOVE this family-friendly place!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Always great food, amazing service and never too packed! We've ordered to-go and eaten in and they never cease to amaze!
VERY family friendly. We have three young kids and loce to bring them to this Mio location as the staff just loves to see them and the cooks ALWAYS bring out something fun for them....oranges shaped into animals, silly faces made out of rice and they never complain or make us feel bad over messes and tantrums! :)

Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“Consistent good japanese rolls and temakis”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Clean place. Fantastic staff. We love the food and reasonable prices.
There are different locations, but food is consistently good.

Visited October 2012