“Came out smelling stinky”

Fresh Thyme Soup Company
Ranked #17 of 390 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Puyallup, Washington
“Came out smelling stinky”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The soup and sandwiches here are wonderful and flavorful. Their problem is the ventilation. You will walk out with a cooking smell that stays with you all day. I even had to wash my coat because it was so bad. Go when it is a nice day and their door is open or sit outside. Either way, their soup is outstanding.

• Visited January 2012

Hillsboro, Oregon
“Tasty Food”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

As their website notes, it is a great alternative to a fast food restaurant. They have soup, sandwiches, and salads. Everything bursts with flavor.

• Visited January 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you're not getting your soup here, you're cheating yourself.”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Fresh Thyme Soup is one of those golden finds that I wish I could hoard and keep to myself, but I know it's not possible. The combination of flavors for their soups can sometimes be a little bizarre, but if approached with an adventurous palate, each unique item is a gem. Recently I had their Chicken- Peaches & Cream soup. I must admit, I have never thought of a dessert flavor for a soup, but I was absolutely thrilled with the interactions of those delicate flavors across my taste buds. Each week their menu changes, and every week I return looking to sample something new, unique, and irresistible. I have not been disappointed yet.

The restaurant itself puts most of its energy into the food that it makes. The decor is a secondary thought, which is fine for those of us who are there for the olfactory and taste sense appeal that only a food focused business can bring. Their prices are a little more expensive than other restaurants that offer soups as a main course. Of course this cost is justified by the sheer number of options available on the menu. Their menu is focused on its soups, but it also branches out into sandwiches, salads, and some interesting dessert options.

From my experience with the folks of this restaurant, I would say that if you're not getting soup here, you're cheating yourself.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Gorstram
Beaverton, Oregon
“Definitely NOT a top restaurant in beaverton!”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This place is okay. The portions are small. I felt like it was a little dirty. I have been here 3 times and all three times they ran out of items on their menu. I live in beaverton and the only reason I went the first time was because a friend said it was good. I wasn't impressed but went near closing time, so I went again thinking I would have a better experience. Then the third time I went because the same friends wanted to eat here. The girl at the counter was really nice but the people cooking did not impress me one bit.

• Visited April 2011
Staunton, Virginia
“Delicious, healthy, and inexpensive food... just don't expect ambience.”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

If there were a Fresh Thyme Soup Company in every neighborhood in America, we'd be well on the way to solving our national health crisis. This tiny, storefront operation - tucked away behind a monarchical chain burger joint - isn't easy to find, but the search is well worth it. Fresh Thyme's soups would grace the table of any fine dining establishment. Its salads are large, fresh, and loaded with a surprising variety of good things. How often are you offered a meal-sized house salad with green peas, carrots, cucumbers, and black olives - but neither cheese nor croutons? I've seldom been so happy eating food that was self-evidently healthy. To be sure, Fresh Thyme's random efforts at decor and more comical than effective, but the focus is on healthy, delicious food at a remarkably low price. If you take the trouble to find Fresh Thyme, you'll go back again and again.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Brabantio

Been to Fresh Thyme Soup Company? Share your experiences!