“Yummy comfort food with large portions”
Review of Biscuits Cafe

Biscuits Cafe
Ranked #25 of 399 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 25, 2012

While visiting Portland, one of our favorite restaurants is Biscuits Cafe. This airy, cheery cafe offers comfort food, specializing in breakfast (or maybe that is as far into the menu as we get). The portions are huge. My borther and sister in law shared an omelette which came with a side of pancakes. Too much food for them so half the pancakes went to my bottomless pit of a teenage boy who polished them off after a order of eggs Benedict with ham and hash browns. My spouse and I shared an order of 2 eggs, ham and blueberry pancakes. You can get regular eggs, egg substitute or egg whites, just ask and they will cook your eggs however you want. Our son wanted fried eggs in his Benedict which was no problem. We ate there in November when they had pumpkin pancakes on the menu. They were so good and the order was big enough to share among the 6 people who were at the table (although I ate the lions share). Good food done well, attentive staff, and easy on the wallet. Sometimes the wait can be long, but on we worked right in on Saturday around 11am.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

We tried the Biscuit Cafe for a hearty brunch based the numerous comments on TripAdvisor. We weren't disappointed.

Parking is off-street and adequate. We arrived as the last available tables were being filled up. The cafe has floor-to-ceiling windows on two sides, giving it a bright and light atmosphere. Decor is clean and casual.

The menu had the typical choices that you would expect for an American breakfast, as well as some unique items that caught my eye as things I would like to try in the future.

I had the corned beef hash breakfast plate. One thing to note for health-conscious (if you can call a breakfast like this healthy :-)): they do not put much if any salt on their food. I consider this a plus, as you can always add salt to your taste; you can't take out what's already in the food. As it turned out, adding Tabasco sauce added just the right amount of saltiness to my brunch plate.

Overall, the food was excellent, the ambiance was just right for an early weekend morning, and the service was friendly and attentive. We left well-fed and happy, which is what really counted to us.

We'll be back when we need another early brunch. Those other menu items are calling to me...

Reviewed February 13, 2010

We use to eat here 2 times a month until my wife found a bug in her eggs. Now we go to cafe murrayhill.

Reviewed January 10, 2009

I'm not a really big fan of sausage but when I was reading their menu and saw "Chicken Apple Sausage;" it sound very interesting. I order their breakfast specialty that includes Chicken Apple sausage and 2 eggs served with hashbrowns and choice of pancakes,biscuits,or toast. Yummy. It was soo good. The Chicken sausages were good medium size;they weren't little small links but almost big as a hotdog but shorter in length. The chef arrange the food nicely on colorful plates w/o having to add garnish (like orange slice,lemon slice,or parley) to make it attractive. I personally don't like having garnish that aren't edible on my plate because I know alot of restaurant use the same garnish from a previous customer and put it on the next customer's plate. I order their Chocolate Kiss Hot Chocolate. They put too much whip cream and chocolate syrup on top of the hot chocolate. It took awhile to sip all those whip cream before I got to the hot chocolate;once I did get a taste of the hot chocolate, it was fantastic.Too bad, there's no refill of the hot chocolate. I personally like to have enough whip cream to stir in my hot chocolate w/o spilling the hot chocolate. All over all, my experience at this restaurant was pleasant. The only one downside of this restaurant is that it has a very limited parking space. I was there on a Wednesday morning and the parking lot was half full so on a weekend, I think parking maybe an issue.

1  Thank LuVdining2
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed December 25, 2008

Amazing homemade breakfast options.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Biscuits Cafe? Share your experiences!