“Thai Not Thai”

Rama Thai Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 395 Restaurants in Beaverton
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Actually these lovely kind people are Laotian. I've had really good, kind of good, and not so good meals here over the last two years. It's gonna be hit and miss I'm presuming based on who is at the woks that shift. The veggies are usually fresh and crispy, but hey this isn't health food folks. The boxes they are hauling in through the - and yes this is a hole in the wall vibe - dining room are canned and bottled ingredients probably chock full of additives high in salt and gosh knows what. I don't know what happened with Javene because the servers I've had are typically quite helpful and friendly - and attractive! I used to think that I finally found an authentic inexpensive Thai/Laotian restaurant, but I've come to realize that the food is smallish portion low quality protein, rice and maybe fresh veggies with bottled sauce stir-fried into it. They do a nice job of serving that up with a smile. Take it for what it is worth.

There are newer reviews for Rama Thai Restaurant

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have tried a lot of Thai food restaurants because we enjoy it so much and this place was terrible. The service wasn't great, the food wasn't great. The atmosphere was typical for a hole in the wall joint but I don't even care about that. What I ordered isn't quite what showed up so I asked for a menu and then I had to sit and wait 10 minutes before someone even bothered to come back and check on us and find out why I was sitting there not eating my food.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Awesome, awesome food. It is a tiny little place, and I am almost afraid of telling of this place, out of fear that it might start getting so crowded that we wont be able to get a table again. But this place deserves some credit. Have tried multiple things on the menu and never had anything that wasn't excellent. But my absolute favorites are the Yum Neau (Beef Salad), the Salad Rolls, and the Kand Ped (chicken with bamboo shoots and eggplant in red curry sauce).

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very good thai food and very good service and feels like your at home.It has traditional thai food the waitress treats you as family.

1  Thank zahidee1234
Reviewed November 5, 2012

small restaurant just off Canyon road in Downtown Beaverton. I don't think I've ever had anything I haven't liked.