“Atlantic Salmon in Oregon....Really???”

McCormick's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 399 Restaurants in Beaverton
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 99th
Transit: Bus line 54 stop is on the corner right outside the restaurant.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This local restaurant was a favorite until they sold out to a large conglomerate.
Stopped in for an appetizer and a couple of drinks before a shopping trip to Uwajamaya.
My husband ordered a cup of clam chowder (mediocre), and I wanted an Oregon bay shrimp cocktail that used to be on the menu back in the day. Asked the server and she said there was a prawn shrimp cocktail on the menu and that she would substitute bay shrimp, but she was not sure if it was from Oregon. Cocktail came and it was very small but good. Still was not sure if it was from Oregon.
I ordered a top shelf vodka and soda and my husband a vodka and cranberry.
The bill came and they charged $16.00 for the shrimp cocktail and they charge $1.50 more for cranberry juice in a cocktail.
We have never heard of such a thing.
We complained to the server about it and after waiting 15 minutes, the restaurant manager arrived and "comped" us the house wine that my husband also ordered.
Also, they do not offer much in the way of LOCAL seafood. I did not see dungeness crab on the menu and the chefs "pick" for the evening was Atlantic salmon. Hum....what is wrong with this picture?
We will not be back.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Let's be serious; if you're looking for seafood in Portland, Jake's is the place to go. But a few miles west lies McCormick's, one of the earliest spin-offs from Jake's. Located along a strip mall that should be in the architectural museum of bad taste, McCormick's continues to provide diners with outstanding food and impeccable service. From chowder to dessert and everything in between, McCormick's dedication to fresh seafood and quality preparation distinguishes this restaurant from its competition. Always try the seasonal specialties, including things like the heirloom tomato gazpacho and fish tacos. Leave room for dessert. Great bar.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had trout and clam chowder which were excellent. Daughter and her husband had vegan items which were also good. Service was outstanding.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ate here before over 7 years ago and looked forward to going back. I wasn't disappointed. Food was as excellent as I remembered and the service was outstanding.
Fabulous clam chowder too by the way :)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I know they were bought by somebody. I imagine there were some glitches. But I have Always had good food. I come here because the seafood is always impeccable. Our usual is the lunch time/happy hour time frame. I've had just about everything on the menu.

The wait staff is officious & snotty sometimes/ friendly & helpful (most of the time),/ too friendly sometimes. The service shouldn't be a crap shoot for their guests, it should all be the same.

If you have a complaint, while there, for crying out loud! Say Something! I am confident they will fix it. It seems others have had problems here, but for me, this place still has a lot of class. Let them show you!
And no, I don't work there or have any affiliation with them. But this Portland staple is still an oldie but a goodie in my book.