“Sunday Champagne Brunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Sunday Champagne Brunch”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is our absolute favorite stop for Sunday champagne brunch.The champagne is bottomless,the food Mexican...dah?, service the best, the staff happy and smiling!Always, regardless of how busy.Maybe the "fly" was black bean, because in our years of patronizing, we find that unlikely.

My only reluctance in recommending is to keep this jewel our family secret and

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sue S

Aloha, Oregon
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We've been to Azteca several times. It's the normal Mexican food found in most restaurants and my go to choice for comparison in restaurants is Cheese Enchilada. It was good. Nothing special. The stale chips, salsa and bean dish they bring when you sit down is also not special.

They serve only Pepsi products - not my preference but their choice.

The problem I had with this visit was the odor that came from the kitchen. We went for lunch at 2 pm so the lunch crowd had left and the normal pleasant aroma that would come from a kitchen had passed. Our booth was directly opposite the kitchen which was not a good view at all. But the worst was the stale oil smell that came from the kitchen. It was strong and unpleasant. It's the smell that comes from oil left on floors and surfaces too long.

This restaurant has been here a long time and the only reason we chose it was because it was in the Entertainment book. I'm finding that Entertainment Book places are less than great. A good scrubbing and upbeat atmosphere would go a long way.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank macinoregon
“Expect a Mexican not American brunch”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We came from across town JUST for the Sunday brunch, which we had heard was good and had bottomless champagne. We have 3 young kids so buffets are always a hit for our family.
I haven't been to this place in, like 10 years, back when after work hours were spent happy hour'ing with strong margaritas and greasy food. It didn't disappoint then but today it was just okay. Perhaps because I'm an adult now and sober? Anyway, the service was great, the price right on for a family of 5 and the bottomless champagne AWESOME. But, I was expecting a typical brunch, instead, it was like breakfast in Mexico (duh, right?) Beans, tacos, ceviche, bfast enchiladas, etc. We got there right as they opened at 10, but the tortillas were not ready until 11. The only "American" bfast was waffles, omelette bar and bacon, scrambled eggs, which were kinda hidden, but it's a Mexican restaurant, right? They're menu is also available to purchase off as well.
Overall, great place, great service and hot food, just don't expect Elmers.

2 Thank wkaiser
Beaverton, Oregon
“...”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

It was terrible because it was terrible food. When they served me we found a fly in our nachos i don't recommend it.

Visited March 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Very disappointing experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

After noshing on stale chips and ordering our food, the waiter came back to ask us what we had ordered again. We told him, and four minutes later our food was brought out, cold, and wrong. We sent the salad back as it was supposed to be chicken and not beef, and the other entree was dangerously lukewarm, tasteless, and peppered with strands of unmelted cheese. I would have GLADLY waited ten, or even fifteen minutes for my meal if I knew it was going to be hot and correct when I received it, like one expects it to be. I refused to order a different entree because I've worked in restaurants for 20 years and know that problems like this only exist because of low standards.. that plate passed through the kitchen AND wait staff without anyone noticing that it was cold and disgusting. It wouldn't have mattered what I ordered. This restaurant should start paying attention before they get someone sick! I don't expect fast food from an establishment with a wait staff, but that's what they're trying to serve here. In the end, I grabbed a burger at a fast food joint for 1.59 because I left hungry. Apparently the salad was good, after it was corrected and given back to us. No reason to return.

• Visited July 2012