“From Indian perspective average restaurant”

Swagat Indian Cuisine
Ranked #30 of 399 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 26, 2012

When an Indian has to review an Indian restaurant in a foreign country, there is a dilemma. On one hand not all ingredients may be available and there might be certain variation to make sure it fits all taste buds, at the same time the taste should not be compromised so much that it does not taste good. With that as context, I think Swagat does a fair judgement to food, but not the best. Curries are made Indian fashion, but there is something which lacks for me to go regularly. I can probably go once in a while, but not regularly. At the same time there are certain menu items which score above average and they make for a nice dining experience coupled with Indian music paintings and ambiance.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I would highly recommend Swagat in Beaverton. My husband and I have visited the Beaverton lovation several times and always have great service and good food. We always order the dinner combination tray that comes with various vegetable sides and soup. Be aware that the sides definitely have a kick. The one thing I am not a fan of is the large crispy chip that they give you upon sitting down. It is really salty and I find myself having glasses and glasses of water following eating it. If you are not into spicey, I would suggest the spinach chicken. My favorite dish! Overall great service and great food!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Extremely slow service
We ordered a sweet lassi
It was spoiled and fermented when it arrived--yuck
They got us a new one and it tasted like they had just added water to the old one.

Also has vegtable korma and malai kofta

Malai kofta tasted like cardboard
I've had better from supermarket.

We ended up leaving behind our leftovers as they were inedible.

Their Naan was ok. And thats the only the only good thing I have to say about the place.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

We were in Portland for a few days last week and decided to go out for Indian food. We found the Swagat Indian Restaurant in the Beaverton area. This one is in a converted house which we were not expecting. We drove right by it. We didn’t see the little sign outside. There are a few parking spaces in back and since we were there late, 8PM, it wasn’t a problem. The décor is very nice. We were seated right away. They brought papadum with three chutneys. This is a great way to start a meal. We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Makhani, and Palak Paneer. We ordered everything with the dinners so there was way too much food. Everything was excellent although I don’t care for the Palak Paneer. The nan we received with the dinner was also very good. The service was excellent with the water glasses being kept topped off and the plates cleared quickly. We also had the dessert. I had the Gulab Jamun, it had a fine texture and was covered in a sweet honey sauce. My companions had the Rice Kheer and reported that it was good. The prices were reasonable with our dinners ranging from $12.95 to $14.95. You can order ala carte for around $9.95 to $10.95 and it includes rice or nan. We all really liked this place and plan to go back next week.

Reviewed September 10, 2009

Still the best of all the Swagat restaurants in the Portland Metro area, in my opinion.