“Great for a Chain Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Tomatoes

Sweet Tomatoes
Ranked #7 of 389 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sweet Tomatoes features made-from-scratch soups and salads and handcrafted muffins, Focaccia, breads, and desserts. The menu is built around freshly made, great-tasting, wholesome recipes with a 55-foot salad bar full of fresh, seasonal vegetables and tossed salads prepared exhibition-style every 20 minutes. Sweet Tomatoes provides its guests with an excellent value by offering unlimited access to its entire menu of high quality fresh items at a fixed price.
Salem, OR
“Great for a Chain Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I grew up in Southern California where we had the Soup Plantation, and was a tad bit upset to find out when I moved to Oregon they did not have this restaurant. But I was then informed that there is a restaurant with the same lay-out and food choices, I think owned by the same company, up here, called Sweet Tomatoes. This place is a really good value and good food. Again, it's a chain restaurant, so don't expect gourmet. However, it's all you can eat with an abundance of healthy selections that you can mostly dress up to your tastes. You start off going through the Salad Bar line, which consists of both prepared salads or make your own salads. I started withe Spinach salad, and dressed it up with shredded carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, olive oil and a little bit of blue cheese chunks. The Spinach salad also had a lite dressing that was really tasty too (and I believe bacon bits and sunflower seeds mixed in as well). After going through the Salad Bar, you pay and then enter the area where they have the soups, I believe there were four different ones to choose from the day I was there, and I tried the cheesy broccoli. They also have chili, a ton of different breads, many hot with cheeses, muffins, corn bread and a pasta bar with four or five different pastas. They had a dessert bar, which I didn't get anything from because I was so stuffed from salad. The food was really fresh, vegetables were very crisp and tasty, breads were phenomenol, pasta was OK, and the soups were pretty good too. All-in-all, for the price and quality of the food, this place is great for a Saturday afternoon lunch while shopping (which is what we were doing) or even an early evening dinner with the family. I wish they had one in my hometown, which is 35 miles away from the closest one. I will certainly be going here more often when I am in the Portland area (which is frequently).

• Visited February 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Good place to bring kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a salad buffet restaurant. My kids really like this place. You can get salad, soup, and bread for lunch and not spending a lot of money. There is always coupon. Don't expect that it will be fancy salad buffet or extraordinary soup. It's a place to get healthy comfy food. We love this place a lot! We've been going to this restaurant since they opened, everyone is nice. :) We usually comes on Sunday after church (once a month) and it's always busy but we always get a table.

Visited January 2013
Washington State
“Decent salad bar selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Rather expensive for salad and did not offer diced meat as a topping - bacon, chicken or ham would have been enjoyable.

Visited January 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Excellent, better than I expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had a weekend shopping trip to the Portland area and was not able to check in to my room at the Hilton Garden Inn just up the street from Sweet Tomatoes. I hesitated to even do a salad buffet knowing I could easily over do and eat way too much.

I was very impressed with this place, the food was fresh and very tasty. Service was quick as things got cleared from the table fast. Appreciated that.

There are not a lot of hot selections, but that is to be expected as this is a salad buffet.

For the price, you get as much or as little that you want. Great place for families, as there is generally something for everyone!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Dale S
Union, Oregon
“Great selection of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We like to go here with my father in law. It is near his house and easy to get to. The selection of food here is excellent. We always come away stuffed. I also like to get their soup to go. They usually have 5 or 6 kinds of soup to choose from. Very good family restaurant.

• Visited September 2012