“Very disappointing”

Tom's Pancake House
Ranked #44 of 389 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

With breakfast prices averaging a little over $10, we expected fresh quality ingredients. Instead we received cheap diner food that had been pre-cooked, open from a can or gone bad.

We will not be returning this restaurant. If we are going to spend $50 on a breakfast, there are better alternatives.

1 Thank JenAZAZ

Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“Older style”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The atmosphere is like an older times place that makes you feel comfortable. The food is sometimes just perfect but sometimes not. The people that work there don't seem happy, no smiles.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Brenda Fuller S
Pendleton, Oregon
“Amazing food amazing price!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in on a whim. The food was to die for! Amazing fruit creeps and amazing banana nut pancakes! All of it was priced very well for so much food!

United States
“Consistent and reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just a good old pancake house. Clean, friendly, good portions and absolutely consistent. Not gourmet by any stretch but we go there if we are not in the mood to cook and would like to catch a pretty quick start to a morning. Certainly can get busy and of course the week-ends are more apt to be busy. Friendly staff and family run.

Visited May 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Feeling a little tired.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I want to like this place, I really do. It seems to be a clone of Davidson's restaurant in Tigard-which I like very much. Their menus and promotions are almost exactly the same.
But this restaurant doesn't have the same appeal to me. The food is okay, pretty much your standard breakfast fare. I know that they are trying to keep their coffee appealing to an older demographic, but I would recommend they move up a notch on the roast scale to appeal to a broader spectrum. (Boyd's--their coffee provider--makes a blend called Gourmet House, which would fit the bill, I believe.) Service was attentive and friendly. But I don't think I would make a special trip to come here and when I do I would stick to the standard fare.

• Visited February 2012