“Use to love their pizza”

Old Chicago Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 395 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 15, 2013

When I lived in the bay area many years ago, I use to love Old Chicago's pizza. We recently move to the Hillsboro area and was excited to see my old favorite here. We decided to try it tonight and were very disappointed.

It was my husband's first time and he said his pizza was okay. He tried the Chicago 7 personal pan pizza, Chicago style. He said it was more dough then toppings and he is used to Chicago style with more toppings on the same amount of dough. I had my old favorite, Hawaiian style personal pan pizza, chicago style. Mine was so sweet I couldn't finish it. I've never had a hawaiian style that sweet. It was terrible.

In addition, I was really surprised how expense it was. For the size of the pizza I felt it was grossly overpriced. If we give it another try, and that's a big if, we will order the NY style to see if we like it better.

We did a phone order & picked up so we can't comment on service or athmosphere.

Miranda D, Guest Relations Manager at Old Chicago Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your business and your feedback. I'm sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on you recent visit and will be sure to share this information with our management team so that they are aware of your experience. If you'd like to discuss your experience further, please email me at ocsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and I will be in touch.

There are newer reviews for Old Chicago Restaurant

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went there for lunch. Husband was happy with footballs on TV, kids were happy with pizza. Entrace was kind of hard to find but it is good place to dine.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Looking for a fresh salad. Old Chicago Restaurant staff were prompt & courteous. Good meal. Lots of TVs.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family go here off and on through-out the year. Their pizza is always great and arrives at your table steaming hot. I recently had a gathering with a bunch of friends in the bar area and it couldn't have been smoother. Our server handled it very well, easily bringing everyone separate bills as they departed at different times. Will definitely return many times. (Tanasbourne, Beaverton/Hillsboro, OR)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

With Chicago being my favorite city to visit, I had high expectations for this restaurant. I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was fun. We had the pizza and it was very good. The service was good. I would go back.