“I was originally going to give it only 4 stars, and then I thought, what was missing? Nothing! The service was nice...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hall Street Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Hall Street Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center
Transit: Hall Street Grill is within two blocks of Portland's light rail system, gaining access from Hillsboro to the Portland airport, including downtown stops.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2009

I was originally going to give it only 4 stars, and then I thought, what was missing? Nothing! The service was nice, good atmosphere, and the menu was unique and delicious.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Beaverton, Oregon
“Great ambience but food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2008

Great ambience but food is OK

Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2008

We have been dining at Hall Street once or twice a year for the past ten years, when visiting family in Beaverton. Our visit there this past weekend will be my last. The menu prices have gotten very expensive for what they offer, and the service was less than adequate. I think the bar scene is where the emphasis is now and the quality of the food and service in the dining room has really slipped. The pea salad used to be a favorite - it was very disappointing. The lettuce wrap appetizer included three chicken satays that were so dried out they would not come off the skewer. The previous month we dined at Typhoon which is just a block away - a much better choice.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“go more often than I should as it's a local for me. firstly I have to say that I wish they kept the buffalo steak on...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

go more often than I should as it's a local for me. firstly I have to say that I wish they kept the buffalo steak on the menu, as it was my fav there. Anyway: the salmon is reliably good; avoid the prawn and chicken pasta (awful in my view); fries are typically nice and so are salads and soups; cocktails are not their strenght, if you order expect average; atmosphere varies - I wish they did not have that TV on all the time and I wish they were more consistent with the music (sometimes ok; others irritating - but that depends on music taste I guess!). they have an outdoor patio which is nice when warm (yeah, those 2-3 weeks a year we get in portland ;-)

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Portland
“Awesome Happy Hour Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2007

There is only one Hall St Bar & Grill. They have happy hour every day from 3-6 pm. The food is incredible and the prices great. My favorite is the Teriyaki Steak Bites. Other really good choices are the coconut shrimp, prime rib coyotas and the Roy's burger. You can't go wrong.

1 Thank anngold