“One of the best restaurants in the West suburbs!”
Review of Hall Street Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Hall Street Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center
Transit: Hall Street Grill is within two blocks of Portland's light rail system, gaining access from Hillsboro to the Portland airport, including downtown stops.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went to Hall Street for a mid-week "get out of the kitchen" dinner.

There's a lot of choices of places to eat, but we choose to go back to Hall Street as we wanted a nice, romantic evening out.

Hall Street delivered an amazing meal & service, and a great evening out.

They've shortened the menu a bit, but it was still hard to choose -- Almost all of the entree's looked like something I would enjoy.

We'll be back for sure!

1  Thank Udoggie

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have waffle issues was what we were told at brunch
Out if the 4 orders three were wrong.
And the food was very mediocre
Horrible management

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have been a patron of Hall Street for decades. Few restaurants last that long. It isn't quite as formal as it once was, but it is still the best place for a business lunch. The service is very good. The waiter we had this time took his time with us and was careful to fulfill every special request. The lunch specials are really well prepared and presented. Portions are adequate.

She got the steelhead and it was perfect. I got the braised beef rib special. It was luscious. It looked small, but was satisfying.

My only gripes are that the salad was limp (again) - like it was tossed with dressing early in the morning. And I wish they would stop dosing the butter with sugar.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first visit to Hall Street in quite a while. We went there for a birthday dinner, so this was more of an "order what you like" occasion.

Making reservations via their website was a snap. For a Saturday evening, it was not too busy, and the dining area was quiet enough to be able to hold a pleasant dinner conversation.

Our experience was that the food was good, and the service was excellent, but we have had better for roughly the same higher price. However I think giving Hall Street Bar and Grill four out of five would be a disservice. I reserve five for those excellent restaurants that go above just serving the expected fare and providing a wonderful experience in one manner or another that leaves us talking about that restaurant for quite a while. In my opinion Hall Street is a solid 4.5 and is worth considering for a good finer entree dinner.

I ordered their Dallas-style prime rib, which was excellent and prepared exactly to the doneness I specified. The smokiness was surprising and excellent, elevating this prime rib above the "usual" prime rib. Although the menu does not specify it, this entree comes with mashed potatoes and the day's fresh green vegetables to balance the serving out.

Our other entrees were also excellent, and we had no gripes about the entrees.

Only one item did distract from our dining experience. The scoop of butter with our sliced bread was rather hard (too cold) and pretty much had to be scraped with our butter knifes and took more effort than I prefer to spread.

Service was very attentive and very pleasant. Our main waiter was very knowledgeable about their menu. Kudos to our two waiters for providing a very enjoyable dinner experience.

The atmosphere is cozy and intimate, with darker lighting. It's more of a mature dining experience, but families should not shy away from enjoying dining here.

There's a limited number of eating establishments in the west Metro area of this caliber. Hall Street is one of them.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went early on a Friday to check out the happy hour. Started off with a lemon drop for me, whiskey for the hubs. High hopes as we perused the happy hour menu. We ordered the maple chili pork cheek and the fries. As we sipped our drinks, I couldn't help but think what a shame it was that my lemon drop was served in a glorified, and tiny, highball. Part of the experience of lemon drops and cosmos is the tall skinny stemmed glassware that tests your waiter's ability to get it to you without spilling. But I digress. The pork jowl, as they called it, was EXCELLENT although they went pretty light on the chili and heavy on the maple, making it a bit sweet. Fries were tasty but nothing special. At this point, I suppose I should mention they brought shrimp instead of the fries we'd ordered, so away went the shrimp and the fries took a while to show up. For round two, we ordered more drinks, the tacos of the day (meh) and the homemade gnocci (good flavor except whatever that blob of nasty green condiment was). After that, the customer service disappeared. No one asked if we wanted anything else, no inquiry about dessert, no nothing. We were slipped the bill like they needed the table and wanted us gone. Huh? We're spending money here! And you want us gone? Fine, we thought. We had planned to order dessert and probably another round, but instead took ourselves over to Beaverton Bakery and got some desserts there. Other than the pork cheek, a rather average/slightly disappointing experience, Hall Street.