“A very enjoyable meal”

Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hall Blvd
Transit: Public transportation is available via Tri-Met.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Five guys at a reunion eating out.
The view of the golf course was lovely.
Our waitress was super helpful.
I loved my baked brie appetizer. And my squash ravioli was very good.
There were good and ample choices for wine.
Only one of us was not so happy. He said his crabcakes were ordinary, and I agreed with him that his rockfish was much too dry.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (135)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was told that the best fish and chips in Portland were at at the Stockpot Broiler. My gold standard are the fish and chips from my native England. The fish and chips at the Stockpot were good but not great. Won’t be returning or going out of my way to come back. The restaurant is located in a golf course complex and has some nice views . The restaurant has a fine dining feel and the dinner menu looked inviting. The meal was expensive and the service was very slow despite a near empty dining room. If you are in the area of Washington Square it would be a nice setting for lunch.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

I enjoyed lunch very much. The food was fabulous and very reasonably priced. I had lobster bisque and the Rockfish tacos. They were both excellent. I wanted to try more but was too full. It also has a nice view of the golf course.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed April 18, 2019

One of the best Happy Hour menus in town, and the entire staff is very friendly. The $5.95 cheeseburger is delicious, and their French fries are some of the best in Portland. For a special treat, try the mac and cheese with pulled pork.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 28, 2019

We had dinner her this evening, and while the restaurant doesn't have an extensive menu, they have several items that always sound good. We both had the salmon, and ended up exchanging fish entrees between us when my salmon inside was a bit too raw for me. My husband was happy to change with me, and we were both satisfied. Our server made attempts to guide us in our selections of the vegetables and potato sides, and we appreciated her help. They used to split the salad without charging, but tonight had a fee on the receipt for doing so for us. The bread was disappointing as it had a slightly weird taste that I couldn't identify. Will we be back? Probably so.

Date of visit: March 2019