“Excellent food!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Have been here several times and the food is really good. This was the first time we did the family style dinner which included soup, egg rolls and barbecue pork. Was disappointed that they didn't offer an appetizer without meat on the family option. Had the broccoli shrimp, which was excellent. Shrimp were cooked and seasoned perfectly. Husband had General Tso's chicken and said it was by far the best he'd ever had. The only reason I don't give them an "excellent" score is because of the service. Many of the servers seemed very friendly as did the people bussing tables. But our waiter was not friendly or personable at all. He approached our table within 2 minutes of us sitting down without a smile or a hello. He mumbled something like "order?". This wasn't a language issue, it was an attitude issue. I watched other customers obviously having the same reaction to him. When we said we hadn't even looked at the menu yet he walked away, seemingly annoyed. He came back once to take our order, again with no personality, then once more to finally drop sauces off well after we had already flagged down another server to bring them. I asked to add something to the order, but he never submitted it to the kitchen and he never checked on us at all after the food arrived. I know this is an extremely popular restaurant and they don't really need any more business, but there really is no excuse for having a server like this. I still recommend the restaurant, but if you get this server (it will be obvious), I strongly suggest asking to be moved to a warmer part of the restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Jin Wah Restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Jin Wah has been my favorite Asian place for years now, it has great selection, prices and large portions! The menu is extensive and contains something for everyone. I recommend the dim sum and the pork fried rice!

1  Thank kmd309
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Probably the best dim sum in Beaverton ....not amazing, but still good! I'd happily go back, so well worth 4 stars!!

1  Thank NickF1978
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very good fast and authentic cant wait to visit my sister again so I can eat here.. Huge venue, a bar. My sister said at certain times a cart walks through and you pick from it. Amazing flavors!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were there in group of eleven. Dimsum was among best we have had in Portland area. Carts came by as is customary, but staff had trouble handling needs of a larger group (e.g. when larger bowls of rice were required). Staff was very noisy in clearing tables. Otherwise fairly typical atmosphere for dimsum place. Probably good for family or group of four or five.