“This is my favorite sushi place in the Portland area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Toshi Restaurant

Toshi Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 389 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Anchorage, Alaska
“This is my favorite sushi place in the Portland area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

This is my favorite sushi place in the Portland area.

1 Thank drrf

Portland, Oregon
“I've had better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

Went for lunch on a Tuesday and got the second table just after they opened at 11:30am. By the time I left the place was packed.

The food was okay but I like to think of the sushi experience as one with my eyes, not just my taste buds. I ordered $20 worth of sushi and while it tasted okay it wasn't pretty. It was very sloppily assembled and I could tell the salmon was farm raised with color added, it just didn't look natural.
I also wasn't a big fan of the mayo in the shrimp/avacado tempura roll, ewww!
The tempura veggies was a large portion of various vegetables, which is good, but the batter wasn't cooked completely so it was gooey inside.
The soup was good and so was the service.

The person who recommended Toshi Sushi to me goes often and is never disappointed. Me, I've had better.

3 Thank Qty74
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the sushi never dissapoints, as well as their excuisite japanese cuisine, I've been going there since I found it. I...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2008

the sushi never dissapoints, as well as their excuisite japanese cuisine, I've been going there since I found it. I don't think I'll ever go to another sushi bar ever again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Walnut Creek, CA
“Worth a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2006

Toshi's was our regular sushi hangout when we lived in Portland. We have been going there since the day it opened, and will always be loyal customers.

1 Thank courtneywc
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best in Portland Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2005

I've been going to Toshi's for six years now and have never been disappointed by the sushi or service. Have introduced at least twenty people to the restaurant as well, and they report the same. Yes, go early on Saturday (they open at five) or you will wait. But people will wait because it's worth it. There has been no drop in quality whatsoever at this great venue, it's always been the best. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to go be miserable at an inferior restaurant somewhere else, and make more room for us.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member