“Great time and great food for birthday celebration”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 391 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Hall and Scholls Ferry
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. Or visit our sushi bar, where your sushi chef will prepare fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Great time and great food for birthday celebration”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We went here for my daughter's birthday. We were seated with another family with a couple of young kids. Our chef was very entertaining. The kids (and parents) really enjoyed the show, the food was delicious and the pictures taken were a nice touch. I highly recommend this as a good celebration restaurant. It is busy, loud and full of the "happy birthday" song. Not a place for a quiet dinner, but excellent for a get together or celebration

• Visited April 2012

Spring Hill, Florida
“Just fun!!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Great food, such fun....kids get such a kick out of the chef's antics. Great service personnel.

Visited April 2011
Springfield
“Dinner AND A Show”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We love tepanyaki style cooking - fresh food and artful technique, and this Benihana is no exception! The service was wonderful and the tepanyaki chef was great! We had the steak and chicken. It came with soup, salad, teppanyaki veggies, rice AND Ice Cream for dessert! I highly recommend the Benihana Punch at happy hour, but be warned - - - ONE is PLENTY! The location is convenient - right next to Nordstrom Rack and across from Washington Square. This one is good for all ages, they cater to kids and families. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
“Fun presentation, but I never feel like I get what I order”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have been to this BH three times, and I always feel short-changed on what I've ordered, as though my stuff got lost in the shuffle or went to someone else. Maybe the menu doesn't do a good job of explaining what comes with an order, or maybe it's just too chaotic. The food that I do get is generally good, but I still leave feeling like I didn't get my money's worth (it isn't cheap). The presentation is entertaining, but after a while, it's just the same schtick.

• Visited July 2011
Portland, OR
“Birthday central - takes away from an otherwise great experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My spouse and I went to Benihana on a Saturday night before Valentine's day. I have one major complaint - every single table around us (and there's got to be 18 or so) had a birthday. We heard their tambourine-rich birthday song every 5 minutes, and over the course of a 90 minute dinner, that gets old FAST. Plus...3 tables of teenagers for a 18-year birthday - need I say more? Overall, it was LOUD, hard to have a conversation with the person next to you.

Beyond the atmosphere issues - the food is as excellent as I remember. My steak was tender and perfectly cooked, the shrimp, scallops, and lobster all nicely done. Chicken fried rice tasty, even better with mustard sauce added. Wish they had more veggies than just zucchini and onions, but that's just me.

Waitstaff and bar staff were great. Despite a reservation we had a 20 minute wait, so hung out in the bar enjoying drinks and conversation. Bartenders gave us lots of suggestions and plenty of laughs, but never stopped moving.

Few small niggling complaints - the building is showing it's age. Paint is flaking off the ceiling vents, the walls need a new coat of paint, and the lobby size is completely inadequete. Doesn't detract from the food, but still not something you expect for a $80-120 meal for two!

We'll go again, it's a nice treat - but definitely not on Saturday night!

• Visited February 2012