“Birthday central - takes away from an otherwise great experience”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 399 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Hall and Scholls Ferry
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. Or visit our sushi bar, where your sushi chef will prepare fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine.
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My spouse and I went to Benihana on a Saturday night before Valentine's day. I have one major complaint - every single table around us (and there's got to be 18 or so) had a birthday. We heard their tambourine-rich birthday song every 5 minutes, and over the course of a 90 minute dinner, that gets old FAST. Plus...3 tables of teenagers for a 18-year birthday - need I say more? Overall, it was LOUD, hard to have a conversation with the person next to you.

Beyond the atmosphere issues - the food is as excellent as I remember. My steak was tender and perfectly cooked, the shrimp, scallops, and lobster all nicely done. Chicken fried rice tasty, even better with mustard sauce added. Wish they had more veggies than just zucchini and onions, but that's just me.

Waitstaff and bar staff were great. Despite a reservation we had a 20 minute wait, so hung out in the bar enjoying drinks and conversation. Bartenders gave us lots of suggestions and plenty of laughs, but never stopped moving.

Few small niggling complaints - the building is showing it's age. Paint is flaking off the ceiling vents, the walls need a new coat of paint, and the lobby size is completely inadequete. Doesn't detract from the food, but still not something you expect for a $80-120 meal for two!

We'll go again, it's a nice treat - but definitely not on Saturday night!

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I don't come here all the time but that's because I don't live nearby. But every time I've been in here it's been a great experience! On the last several visits with my wife we found our perfect waiter. His name (hope I'm spelling it right, if not my apologies) is Deshawn, and although all the staff here is good we now have a very strong preference to only be served by him :)

And it's not just us that think he's a great host, last year he had half the dinning room laughing and having a great time just by providing excellent service!

Thank you management for hiring great staff. We'll see you soon!

The Padilla family.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had dinner here with our relatives from Portland and it made for a wonderful fun time. The chef was very entertaining and personable. We all ordered the special of Filet Mignon and Chicken. The meal started with Miso soup and a salad with ginger dressing. Everything was just excellent from the veggies to the meats. The rice was also very good. ** Just a quick note to those with shellfish allergies: Make sure you tell them in advance. We didn't and they prepared shrimp for everyone at the table which we did not expect at all. We told the chef and he was quite concerned and offered to cook the dinner in the kitchen away from the shrimp. Not necesssary but very accomodating and extremely nice. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Hooked_on_travel77
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I went to Benihana to celebrate his birthday. We got seated at a "fun" table. The food was excellent. Thanks to our chief for a memorable dinner. The chicken, veggies etc was cooked just right. We will return to the Beaverton, OR Benihana soon!!

1  Thank Pat12344
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Just a great little restaurant with excellent food. Owners take good care of the restaurant and of customers and it shows. Would definitely recommend it over any other Japanese!