“Nice comfortable stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Comfortable room, not too loud even though we were located right next to freeway off ramp. I would visit again when in the area. Priced right except I had to pay $5 for breakfast buffet even though I stayed in a king Executive Suite. Seemed like an oxymoron to stay in the high end room but have to pay for breakfast buffet. Skip the buffet its the same lame food you get at Best Western (for free) or Holiday Inn Express (for free).
Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Get a corner room so you avoid neighbors on each side. The pool was wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Rene,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast! I think mixing in a complimentary breakfast with our executive suites is a great idea, and one that I will explore. If you have a moment to reach out to me at some point, I would love to hear your breakfast experience, and what you could suggest to help make us better. You mentioned that it was similar to a "Best Western" or "Holiday Inn", and I would like to get away from that perception.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We chose this hotel because it wasn't too far from the Washington Square Mall and was significantly less expensive than the Embassy Suites. Our room was clean and spacious, the tv was large and had a nice variety of channels. The room was quiet, which surprised me since it was so close to the freeway. The breakfast which was $5 had a great selection. The staff was very friendly and nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy that you had such a pleasant stay with us, and look forward to seeing you back at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel. It was in a good location and the staff and service were great. My biggest disappointment with this hotel was when I ate dinner there one night. It turns out all of the meals are made in a convection microwave of some sort which didn't bode will for my hamburger. The hotel was great, but if you're hungry go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matt S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Chad,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad that your stay went well, but definitely concerned about the meal you received. Can you reach out to us and describe your experience? I'd love to see how we can make the experience better! Please reach out to me the next time you are in town. I'll take care of your next meal!

Thanks again for staying. We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Any room that shares a wall with the elevator shaft will be really noisy every time someone uses the elevator. Avoid that at all costs. The toilet paper was also the cheapest ever. Feels like twice-recycled cardboard paper. Otherwise, nice accommodations and staff. But I can't give it any higher rating due to the issues above.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad that your stay went well, but I definitely want to address the issues you experienced. Dan, it looks like you are a Blue member with HHonors, and I thank you for being involved in the program! I am going to make a note on your personal file here at the hotel regarding your room preference. This way, we can make sure that you are taken care of during your next stay! In regards to the toilet paper. We have taken your concerns, and are testing out two different types that may be more appealing. Is there anything else I can do to help make this right for you? If so, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Thanks again for staying. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Front desk staff was exceptional. Dining/kitchen staff for breakfast maintained area in a very clean manner. Air conditioning worked well. Room was cleaned very well daily in a timely manner. Internet service was very good in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such an awesome stay with us.

Thank you for being our guest! We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in we were advised that the family suite we booked was not available as the hotel was overbooked. We had 3 adults and 3 children and had to split up into 2 separate rooms instead. Since this was a wedding party and we booked the room several months in advance we were not happy to say the least. The rooms were nothing special considering one was an executive suite. The room was on the first floor and all windows had direct access to people walking outside. We had outlets that did not work. The exterior was in desperate need of upkeep. On the plus side the hotel did comp our room due to the overbooking situation and that was appreciated. The second room was a 2 queen room and was small but adequate.

• Stayed: July 2013

Marni,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I am sorry to hear about the experience you received. It is rare that these situtations occur, but I am definitely happy that we were able to accomodate the family, and make sure your stay was taken care of. One thing that does concern me is your score in cleanliness. We pride ourselves on being a very clean facility, and I did not see any mention of that in your comments. Would you mind reaching out to me here at the hotel to discuss this issue? I want to make sure that you are taken care of.

Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed five nights at the Doubletree in Beaverton in one of the Family Suite rooms. The staff were very helpful and polite and we had a very pleasant stay.

Its tough to tell from the pictures, but the suite consisted of a regular double-queen room (two sinks, one mini-fridge, two queen beds and one bathroom) and a small single queen bedroom connected by a door. That small room had a TV, separate A/C, nights stands and open closet, but no drawers, desk or such. You accessed the bathroom by walking through the larger room.

I typically think of suites as separate bedrooms sharing a common area and bathroom - but in this case the common area is the other bedroom.

The breakfast was very good and the location was close to restaurants and shops in Beaverton. We could get to downtown Portland in 20 minutes via Rt. 26, depending on traffic.

Overall it was a comfortable room and a good value for families willing to share rooms. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to see that you had a great experience at our hotel. Service is the focal point for any hotel, but especially in the DoubleTree by Hilton brand. I appreciate your comments regarding the suite. As a family man, (and If I was a designer), I definitely would have made the room a little easier to navigate as well.

Thanks again for staying. We look forward to seeing you again!

Matt Smith - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#5 of 12 in Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton? Share your experiences!