DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Tacoma, Washington
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times. Rooms are nice and newer. Had two queens plus sofabed. Even though rooms are listed as having sofabeds, not all of them are full size, some of them are loveseat-sized sofabeds. Breakfast is a little nicer than standard hotel fare, but they have recently started charging 5$/person for the breakfast. Not sure if it's worth it since we have family of 5, so that is an extra 25$. My husband has stayed previously at this hotel in a real suite (separate rooms), but since then the "suite" rooms we have gotten have only a half wall. Location is fine for us as we have kids' activity in Beaverton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Layla,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm happy to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us! I noticed your comment regarding the price of our breakfast. This is always a work in progress, and we would love to have any suggestions that you might have that you feel would give you that price value for that particular service. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime! I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks again for staying. We look forward to seeing you again!

Matt Smith - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My stay at the DoubleTree Beaverton was excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was well appointed and quiet. Breakfast was available in a pleasant atmosphere and with quality, fresh food. Room temperature was preset to a comfortable temperature in spite of the very hot conditions outside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Leslie,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I loved reading your review this morning! Thank you so much for your business.

Thanks again for staying. We look forward to seeing you again!

Redmond, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ended up leaving very early because the toilet backed up and the bottom fell out of the sink...We were given another room to shower in thank goodness! The toilet backing up might not have been so bad but the sink falling apart as well, that was just the icing on the cake. They didn't even offer to comp a nights stay...

1 Thank Peggy S
Peggy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm definitely dissapointed to hear of the issues you faced while staying with us. This was obviously a big hiccup in your plans, one that we never want to happen. I see that you paid cash for your stay, so I can't issue you a refund for a "comp" stay. However, I am more than happy to send you out a gift certificate for a couple of free nights! I'd love to get the opportunity to make this up to you with a free trip back up to our hotel. Your certificate is in the mail. Please reach out to me and let me know when I can host you again!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Now they give us a coupon for "all you can eat breakfast". READ IT!
If you happen to read all the way to the bottom you will see that the breakfast "voucher" merely tells the breakfast people to charge your invoice $5.00 per guest. Sneaky. I did not want to inquire weather per guest means guests actually at breakfast, or guests in the room, some of whom might not even go to breakfast!
Really " cheap" in my experience, bordering on dishonest, and unknown in suite hotels charging close to two hundred plus tax!
BTW! The bathroom fans Are still noisy, even after remodeling much of the hotel, despite complaints by others and by ourselves in the past.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DickWinters
Mr. Winters,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My sincere apologies regarding the experience you received during your stay. I'd love to get the opportunity to discuss more on how we can make this a better situation. The tracking system is how we were asked to do so by Hilton Hotels. We have since adjusted the verbiage to make sure we are more clear. Please understand, there was no mal-intent, nor dishonesty or deceit regarding our breakfast. We worked hard to make sure that it is on our websites, and is noted in all reservations when made.

Your input is very valuable to me. If you have the opportunity to reach me at the hotel, I would love to hear your thoughts on how we can make this a better practice. In regards to the bath fan, this is something that is still unfortunately in the works. We have heard the complaints, and our ownership group is researching opportunities to fix this. We are hoping/anticipating that we will be able to do this in the 4th quarter of this year.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you! Please keep in touch too. I'll make sure that your breakfast is taken care of the next time you are in town.

Wichita, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Room and bath are small, breakfast buffet is limited, no restaurant on premises, parking is congested, elevator was slow, noisy due to adjacent to busy expressway, limited TV service. Rooms were clean and bed comfortable. I chose the hotel since it was near my son's apartment and I have enjoyed other Doubletree facilities. This facility does not meet the standard of other Doubletree hotels I have experienced. I will check out other options on my next visit to the area.

1 Thank Joe B
Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your honesty, however I am definitely concerned over your experience with us. I'd like to expand on your issues: based on the other hotels in our area, our rooms are approximately 35 sq. ft. larger than any hotel within 5 miles. Our breakfast buffet is definitely a work in progress, but still has a ton of great, healthy food. I would definitely like to touch base with you on this to get your opinion on how we can make it better!

I have made a note on your permanent file here to make sure that you are on the non-highway side, if you choose to try us again in the future. Are there any suggestions that you can make regarding the cable selection? We have over 50 channels in 1080HD. Potentially there is something we can add to make your next stay more enjoyable!

I would definitely enjoy the opportunity to host you again, and have sent you a gift certificate to come out and try us again. Please keep in touch, as I would love to hear back from you regarding your concerns.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The furnishings and room layout were nice. Appreciated having a microwave and refrigerator. Bed was comfortable. This was one of the least expensive hotels that weekend and it was of good quality with new furnishings, free internet, free parking and $5 breakfasts. Also serves starbucks coffees.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Denise,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel! I'm so glad to see that you had a great experience with us. I appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you on future visits!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We found our stay wonderful in every way. Clean, comfortable, safe. Friendly, professional staff. Warm fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, pool and hot tub great. No hidden fees! Easy to find. Conveniently located.

Valued Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel! I'm happy to see that you had a great experience with us. I appreciate your business, and hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future. Thanks!

Matt Smith - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#5 of 12 in Beaverton
Courtyard Portland Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton? Share your experiences!