“Five out of ten.”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Five out of ten.”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been here twice for dinner. Free peanuts while you wait. Tons of ways to customize your burger. Fresh ingredients (even the jalepeños were fresh--and spicy!
I wish the buns were more substantial--they soaked up the juices, but then dissolved. Service
was friendly and efficient. No real ambience. Lots of newspaper clippings of how great their other locations are. Yippee.

• Visited June 2013

Aloha, Oregon
“Great topping selection”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

They've got a great selection for toppings, and don't nickle and dime you to death over them, but beyond that, there really nothing special.

I was underwhelmed with the frys -- They were mostly soggy and greasy (but you get a ton of them, but somehow that doesn't make up for the quality.)

Beware if you have nut allergies -- They have barrels of peanuts, and peanut dust/shells all over the place.

It's a counter-service place, so there's not a lot of "service".

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Udoggie
Portland, Oregon
“Great burgers; yummy fries; online ordering”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We found this by accident. I had seen them out east but did not know of one here. When they opened we couldn't wait to try them. We enjoy their burgers. They are meaty and well done. They have a great selection of toppings. The fries are big and salty. Compared to other well known burger chains, these are great! Burger topping quality can vary by location. My husband loves the bacon, but it has come crispy and limp depending on the location. We love their online ordering system. We put in our order and then go pick it up so we can avoid any lines. They wait until you get there to cook the fries. If you eat there, the music is loud, so it is hard to have a conversation. We usually get it to go. Prices may seem high, but they are pretty reasonable considering it isn't fast, fast food.

Visited March 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Burgers, Nom.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

oohhh look, they put one in at the corner of Murray and Scholls Ferry. It is always a good time for a burger. I got the small bacon cheeseburger because the larger ones are monstrous. I got mine "all the way", meaning it had all the free stuffs put on it. I do love a place where grilled onions come with the burger. It was just as I remembered it, not too greasy. The taste of the actual meat isn't overpowered by the all the stuffs. I was a little surprised the fries blew goats but maybe it was the batch I got. ~shrugs ~

• Visited May 2012
Massachusetts
“Doesn't Live Up to its Potential!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm from the East Coast where Five Guys reigns supreme. It is the quinessential location for a good burger in the DC, MD, and VA area so, you gotta know how pleased I was to see the East Coast burger destination in OR. Well, it just wasn't the same.

While the restaurant looks like all the others..the burger left me angry..the fries were just 'ok'...frankly, if this would've been my first venture to Five Guys...I would NEVER go back. It just didn't live up to its potential!

On the East Coast..the burgers are excellent, mouth-watering creations that you dream about. They are simply perfect...but on this coast..they were an expensive heap of beef that was a waste of a good chew.

Such a disappointment.