“Good food; friendly staff”

B.J. Willy's Woodfired Pizza & Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Italian, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Good food; friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have been here a few times and have enjoyed most all the items we have ordered. The atmosphere is a cross between regular restaurant and pizza/pub. It has a casual "upscale" feel to it. It is great for meeting another couple for happy hour or a meal. We have seen children in there, too. I would say the menu is geared more towards adults, though. It can get loud (open feel to it and big windows) if it is busy. The staff have always been very nice. We have tried pizza, burgers, appetizers, mac and cheese, and sandwiches. We have liked everything except the mac and cheese. It is too runny for our taste, but it does have a good flavor. Most recently we had the bacon jalapeno appetizers. Yum! The bacon will looked burned, but it isn't. It is nice and crunchy, and the flavor of the stuffing, heat, and raspberry dip all together is amazing! I had the 9-1-1 burger last time. It had less heat and more of a smokey flavor. The peppers and jalapenos are roasted rather than crispy. That isn't a bad thing, just don't expect heat. In general, I like this place. We will continue to go back because it is reasonably priced (for the most part), and we like the food and service. And, we do like their homemade chips!

• Visited April 2013

Massachusetts
“Pizza..Burgers..Oh my!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This place has a great menu chock full of tasty bites. We had the jalapeños wrapped in bacon to start followed by the Big Blue Burger for me and a pizza for my honey. I substituted onion rings with the burger and let me tell you...the onion rings were huge! They could've easily been a meal on their own. Be sure to eat em while they're hot though, they tasted a bit greasy as they cooled off.

The burger was cooked to perfection topped with crispy bacon and tasty blue cheese. My honey's pizza was topped with spicy sausage, bacon and great sauce. He said the crust was super good.

All in all, we enjoyed it and will likely visit again!!!

“Nothing to write home about...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Food and atmosphere Is just like Cheesecake Factory. Location and setting is good for family outing. Service is ok but prices are a bit high. Worth the experience, but I haven't been back.

Visited July 2012
Tigard, Oregon
“Great place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went to this restaurant the first week they opened and the food was great...that's always a good sign! Their happy hour menu is amazing. We love their caesar salad dressing...very garlicy. And the rest of the menu is just as good. The happy hour margarita is incredible...not skimping on the tequilla here! Have had regular menu food and have never been dissappointed. There's plenty of food to share an entree too. Though you could be fighting over the last rib. Nice, friendly staff...great atmosphere, pretty fountain outside...shopping out the front door to walk off your food. Perfect!!

Visited December 2012
Pukalani, Maui
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am currently visiting family and we went to B.J. Willy's for dinner after going to the movies. Its been a while since I had pizza this good. First we had the fondue appetizer which came with 2 kinds of bread and sausage. It was good and the cheese came out hot but wasn't hot enough to burn your mouth.
For the pizzas, we ordered the City Slicker and a half buffalo chicken and half mac and cheese. The City Slicker had a good mixture of flavor with the pesto, mozzarella cheese, and garlic. The sundried tomatoes add a bit of sweetness. The buffalo chicken had a great flavor and the buffalo sauce wasn't overpowering. It has bleu cheese on it, which I am not a fan of, but you couldn't really taste it. My parents were hesitant about the mac and cheese pizza but it was surprisingly good. Even my parents who didn't want to try it initially loved it after their first bite.
One of the bad things about the restaurant was that it was loud but all in all I would recommend this restaurant and would definitely return on future visits.

• Visited December 2012