“Not the pizza I expected”

B.J. Willy's Woodfired Pizza & Pub
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was so excited to see the word "Woodfired" as, in my opinion, that's the best way to make pizza. I'm not sure what went wrong here, but it was simply not what I expected. The crust was an odd yellow/orange color and tasted like it was pre-made. It was supposed to have roasted red peppers and caramelized onions on it.....both of those items were barely cooked at all. We returned our ice teas and simply had water. The ice tea had a very odd floral taste to it. If they are going to serve a flavored iced tea as their standard, they ought to tell you before you order. Maybe this would be a better place to order pub type food....definitely not the pizza. No need to return.

1  Thank foodienomad
There are newer reviews for B.J. Willy's Woodfired Pizza & Pub

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We had to decide where to live so we were down to two areas in Portland Andre said we would decide based on a meal here. Manager Cassie welcomed us and after a fantastic meal we bought a house up the hill. Can you get a better review?

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here twice now. It can be noisy, hey pizza=kids. The food, especially the fish tacos, is worth the visit. Their ice tea and salsa could be redone..not so good. The service just depends...had good and one time it was slow. Overall, I would return again for lunch when it is quieter or dinner if I had young children with me.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our family really likes the BJ Willy's over in West Linn, and we were over near their new one in Beaverton and thought we'd give it a go. It just looks like they grew to big and dropped the ball. It's the same menu as the one off of 43 in West Linn, but the quality is just not there. The staff seemed lost and not attentive and the food was passable, but nothing special.. Apparently their dish washer doesn't work, after the both plates we had for my wife's pizza were dirty, she just gave up and ate off the pan. Take the drive over their other locations, you'll be happier.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We arrived just before 6 pm and were told by the distracted hostess that we were third in line so our wait shouldn't be very long. 35 min later I approached the host desk to see how much longer it would be before we were seated. I was informed that we were now 2nd in line and it would be a short wait. I was told that the kitchen had gotten backed up so the manager decided to not seat any further patrons. We were seated shortly thereafter and placed our order. The food came out fairly quickly, but our waiter had not even provided us with napkins, plates to share our appetizer, silverware, or refills on the beverages we had ordered. He came by once during our dining experience to provide said items after I had requested them. The only thing he handled in a reasonable amount of time was the check. I had to flag down another server to get a to-go container. I have dined at several of the restaurants in this area and of all of them I would rate this the worst experience I have had in Progress Ridge. Vinitopia is a few doors down and even though they are a bit overpriced I think I will go there rather than hazard this establishment ever again.

As for the food it was nothing special, greasy, uninspired menus for the most part. You can definitely tell that the owner is not a professional and is just a dabbler in the business. Unless dramatic improvements occur, this place won't be open long.

1  Thank Brian F